Wiki Posts
Search

Travel to/in Europe during covid

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2021, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Travel to/in Europe during covid

Here is a quick report on family travels to/in Europe at the beginning of September. On check-in in MSP Delta asked for vaccination certificate and entry forms for destination country (Germany), and stopover countries. They checked the destination forms, but not the stopover forms. On stopover and destination nobody requested the forms, except at MUC airport. STR, CDG, and AMS didn't care.

Bars and restaurants in Germany request proof of vaccination, they accept CDC form.
It was very easy to convert a CDC form to a European QR code at a pharmacy in Germany. All you need is the form and passport. The code is valid all over Europe.

It is impossible to download the German covid app to a non European phone. We used the French app to scan QR codes. The online French system of converting is useless, applied 1 week ago and still no answer.

Will report back on bar and restaurant experience in France.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by drminn
Here is a quick report on family travels to/in Europe at the beginning of September. On check-in in MSP Delta asked for vaccination certificate and entry forms for destination country (Germany), and stopover countries. They checked the destination forms, but not the stopover forms. On stopover and destination nobody requested the forms, except at MUC airport. STR, CDG, and AMS didn't care.

Bars and restaurants in Germany request proof of vaccination, they accept CDC form.
It was very easy to convert a CDC form to a European QR code at a pharmacy in Germany. All you need is the form and passport. The code is valid all over Europe.

It is impossible to download the German covid app to a non European phone. We used the French app to scan QR codes. The online French system of converting is useless, applied 1 week ago and still no answer.

Will report back on bar and restaurant experience in France.
Agree on French system. I applies when they first announced. About week ago got message they cancelled all requests and to start over with new online system. Applied same day, have yet to hear back. It feels like it's a scam almost.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 11:35 am

Programs: DL DM; HH gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Agree on French system. I applies when they first announced. About week ago got message they cancelled all requests and to start over with new online system. Applied same day, have yet to hear back. It feels like it's a scam almost.
They are now saying to expect about a 9-day turnaround for processing requests. I sent mine on Thusrsday, so hopefully will know something by end of this week or early next. (travel is not until 9/25).
Old Sep 7, 2021, 11:55 am

Thanks for the report. I've seen a lot of threads where people mention having their "entry forms" for various EU countries. We are flying next week to CPH via FRA and I have not found any information about needing entry forms. We are fully vaccinated so will have our CDC cards. As far as I can determine, we can transit FRA as long as we are eligible for entry to Denmark, which I believe we are as fully vaccinated.

What are these entry forms of which you speak?
Old Sep 7, 2021, 12:57 pm

I submitted my email application for the Passe Sanitaire and then resubmitted when the changed to the online portal. I got my PS yesterday, after 10 days. In talking with other people on another forum it appears they are doing those in order of application with no regard to entry date. Once it happened it was fast - my application went from pending for 10 days to in review and then complete in 1 minute. They are processing about 1500 a day right now, with 80k pending.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 1:05 pm

Is the entry form you speak of the

https://www.einreiseanmeldung.de/#/
photojojo and margarita girl like this.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by RetiredATLATC
Is the entry form you speak of the

https://www.einreiseanmeldung.de/#/
On further research, I think this might be the one, but looks like will not be needed if only transiting Germany. Thanks!
Old Sep 7, 2021, 2:27 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DCWeasel
I submitted my email application for the Passe Sanitaire and then resubmitted when the changed to the online portal. I got my PS yesterday, after 10 days. In talking with other people on another forum it appears they are doing those in order of application with no regard to entry date. Once it happened it was fast - my application went from pending for 10 days to in review and then complete in 1 minute. They are processing about 1500 a day right now, with 80k pending.
Thanks for sharing this data point. Just curious where you found the 80,000 backlog and 1,500 processed per day figures? At that rate it would take 53 days to receive a pass sanitaire if submitted today.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 2:52 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, "alum" of high status with UA but not any more

When you say "CDC form", are you referring to the CDC card? Or something else?
photojojo and mildfrequence like this.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 3:02 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond 2 Million Miler, United 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President’s Club
This is excellent information! Thank you for posting.

Curious how long it took the German pharmacy to provide you with the bar code/digital green pass?
Old Sep 7, 2021, 3:33 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
What about dPLF?

I got another email this morning from DL about my Sept 29 trip to FCO via CDG.

The DL link sent me to pages like this one: https://www.euplf.eu/en/home/index.html

Does the printed and/or electronic version of dPLF not work for transit at CDG and arrival into FCO? I have the CDC card showing both vaccinations and am hoping to get a booster before leaving home.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 4:22 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, million miler
We are flying USA - CDG - BCN later this week. We are fully vaccinated and have our CDC cards. I know I have to register with Spain before I go. Do I have to do something else? I’ve received so many emails that I am half pressed to cancel the trip.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I found this website to be very helpful in figuring out what the exact restrictions are for a trip. It was provided to me by British Airways when I bought some flights, but as best I can tell, it works for anyone flying in any situation. You enter your itinerary and some other info and it'll tell you what you need to do for each step.

https://apply.joinsherpa.com/travel-restrictions

I'm also going to Germany, but I have a layover in London, so I need a negative Covid test even just for the layover, and then I just need proof of vax for Germany. Then I have the reverse routing home, so I'll need another negative test on the way back (which I'll also need to get back into the US).

I can't really say how accurate that site is, but based on the other research I've done, it looks right for my situation. In addition, I feel like BA's use of it says it's pretty accurate.
becks1 and mildfrequence like this.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
I found this website to be very helpful in figuring out what the exact restrictions are for a trip. It was provided to me by British Airways when I bought some flights, but as best I can tell, it works for anyone flying in any situation. You enter your itinerary and some other info and it'll tell you what you need to do for each step.

https://apply.joinsherpa.com/travel-restrictions
This is an excellent reference site. It confirms what I believed to be true for my travel next week. Do you know how quickly they update it when there are status changes?
Old Sep 7, 2021, 5:24 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
3 different pharmacies in Frankfurt refused to do it for me since I am not living in Germany. OTOH other Americans I know say that they had no trouble and weren't even asked for proof of residency, but they are near Ramstein which may have something to do with it.
GUWonder and photojojo like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.