Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Is the EU really reopening for U.S citizens in mid-June?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is the EU really reopening for U.S citizens in mid-June?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2021, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by hdogan
So, to make it a bit more confusing: There *is* a Greek province of Macedonia, which is in the north. But, even more north of this, there's a *country* called (North) Macedonia. So, when people refer to "Northern Greece", they refer to the province (of Greece). When they say "North Macedonia", then mean the country.

To make it even more complicated, North Macedonia (the country) is not part of the EU, so it is treated just like any other 3rd country for the purpose of any entry regulations.
Ah, thanks for enlightening. I just double checked, the city in question is located in the Republic of Macedonia, or North Macedonia. So I'd have to fly from nearby Bulgaria if I wanted arrive from an EU country.
Question is if I can freely enter Bulgaria by land enroute to Sofia airport...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.