Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Is it necessary to take flight itinerary, hotel confirmation documents ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2021, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Hi help me in this,

I have planning to apply Schengen visa and I have collected all the documents along with Flight Itinerary, Hotel Confirmation from schengenvisaitinerary but my question is it necessary take those documents some people saying not necessary. Please give me some clarification about this.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Apr 21, 2021 at 6:48 am Reason: Removed URL link
Old Apr 21, 2021, 7:18 am

My personal policy when applying for a visa is to always bring more than you will probably need. Better to have extra documents with you that they don't need than to have to go back to a consulate/embassy. You might as well bring them. If they are require a hotel or airline reservations and you don't have them yet, just make a refundable "dummy" booking and cancel it after you get the visa.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Hi pstm91,

Thank so much for your clarification. I will bring them then.

Thanks again.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 7:22 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I can't think of a good reason not to take it. Where are you applying from and for what reason? At the moment your chance to travel to Schengen is probably quite low.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Indeed.

Why would you not take documents that would support your application for a visa?

When I went for my Global Entry interview the letter / website said I needed to bring my passport (obviously) plus evidence of my address (utility bills. rental agreement etc) so of course I brought several of those with me just incase one wasn't acceptable or understood by the agent.

That the agent only asked to see my passport and verbaly confirm my addeess was neither here nor there. If she had asked for the bills and I couldn't provide them (or - assuming it was acceptable - show them e;g; my bank statement on my phone) I would likely have had to have made a repeat visit which would have delayed my approval.
Often1 likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Definitely have paid flight and hotel itineraries to present during your visa application.
Without a return ticket, you might be considered as a potential "asylum" case, thus might result in a denial.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 7:59 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Ask yourself what the upsides are, e.g., visa issued and the downsides, e.g., visa denied because some document is missing.

You should have with you any piece of paper which is remotely possibly relevant to your goal, in this case a Schengen visa from some consulate. Don't offer anything, but do have it in a file in case you are asked for it. Nobody likes having mobile phones pushed in their face and others simply want paper.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.