Wiki Posts
Search

Tourist Protection Insurance for Turkey Trip

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2020, 2:48 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Tourist Protection Insurance for Turkey Trip

So quick question. A friend and I are planning to make a trip around turkey visiting several domestic destinations like Antalya, Bodrum, Ephesus by the end of September. We weren't planning to travel but we heard very positive feedback about the safety measures being taken in the country as well as in the airports and on both international and domestic flights operated by Turkish airlines, that we felt encouraged to have at least one trip this year before the summer season is over.
Our plan is to fly from the UK to IST spend a few days there, then fly to Antalya and make our way to the coastal cities all the way to Ephesus.
When we were booking our flights, the Turkish Airlines website said we could also get insurance from an insurance company called gunes sigorta.
As far as I understood they're offering insurance for tourists for as little as 15 euro that would cover health expenses in both public and private hospitals.
Honestly, I found this very appealing, I know it might be hard to travel with peace of mind during these times but I think it's great to see airlines providing safer travel experiences to tourists.
If anyone has applied to this before, please let us know whether we can apply online.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
You need to check carefully what this policy covers.

Does it for example cover the cost of repatriation back to the UK should that be required?

What excess will you be required to pay as part of any treatment costs?

I'm not saying not to get this policy or that it is a bad policy but to just check that what it offers meets your needs.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 12:11 pm

This is just a cross-selling attempt by the airline. I'd be wary of such offers, they tend not to be of great value. Instead, I'd suggest to look for insurance in your country of residence so that it includes medical evacuation if things go south. Maybe you already have some sort of insurance coverage through a credit card?
Old Sep 13, 2020, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
I have no personal experience about the COVID insurance provided by Güneş Sigorta but I could answer your question that you could apply online and browse the terms&conditions from the link below.

https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-t...nce/index.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.