Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vienna Airport Passport control

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2018, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Vienna Airport Passport control

Hello, Im a European citizen and Im arriving to Vienna airport on Sunday at around 12! And I was wondering how long will it take me to get out of the airport? I have reserved a bus from right outside at 12:20 and I dont know if I can make it, I wont have any checked in bags. Last time I came from Greece to Vienna and I dont remember passing through passport control. I really hope you can help me out Thank you
Old Nov 27, 2018, 3:42 pm

Programs: *G
depends from where you are arriving, as there are 2 points of immigration control.

that said, ive arrived at all times of the day (and night), and do not qualify for the EU line, and i dont think ive ever waited more than 15 minutes, ever. it is typically 1-5 minutes.

whether your flight will arrive on time is another issue entirely!
Old Nov 27, 2018, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Okay I think I will take my risk them. Thank you
Old Nov 27, 2018, 5:28 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
From Greece - there is no passport control as it's all intra-Schengen.
STBCypriot likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 2:38 am
Original Poster

Oh I had no idea. So much I need to learn haha Thank you so much
Old Nov 28, 2018, 9:37 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I think your concern is less the airport and more the arrival time of your incoming flight. 1200 is your arrival time. You still need to get off the plane and through the airport and then to the bus station. In my opinion, unless the flight is early you won’t make a 1220 bus.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I flew BRU - VIE 2 weeks ago (OS354). Schengen area so no passport control. Arrival was at 19:21 and at 19:40 a was in a taxi. The cab driver picking me up was a few minutes late in the terminal so I even lost a few minutes. I sat in row 4 so was quickly off the plane and traveled on carry-on bagage. But 20min seems short to catch a bus unless you're sure you arrive on time, you make it off the plane quickly and you know where the bus stop is.

Last edited by TimDP; Nov 29, 2018 at 11:29 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.