Wiki Posts
Search

Getting from airport to hotel Budapest

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2018, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold
Getting from airport to hotel Budapest

I’m landing in Budapest tomorrow and usually I’m much more prepared in terms of the details, but I realized I missed one of the most important details—actually getting to my hotel (Marriott Dedica Anthology AC). Usually I take public transportation, but doing cursory search and it looks like taking a cab is the easiest option. Is this the case? If so, do I need to have cash? Are there specific companies I should target?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by channonc; Sep 21, 2018 at 5:52 pm
Old Sep 22, 2018, 1:01 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
A friend of mine recommended: https://www.airporttransferbudapest.com/ as most of the other services have rather poor ratings. I believe the rate is $30USD which seems a little high for Budapest but not crazy.
Another that had good reviews was Taxi - private transfer: International Budapest Airport BUD

I have yet to complete the trip so cannot comment on actual first hand experience.

Uber is available I believe.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 5:03 am

Programs: A3 *G, Hilton Diamond, Accor Silver
Taxi service at the Budapest airport is reliable and accessible immediately outside arrivals.

Fo taxi is the official airport taxi service. When you exit arrivals hall and are outside, they will have a large free-standing kiosk where you tell the attendant (all are English speaking) your destination and receive a printed out receipt with the tag number of your assigned car. The taxi will already have your destination but best to confirm by showing your receipt.

The taxi will accept a credit card.
JudgeJ likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 5:53 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
If you want to do public transit, bus 200E and a 1-stop metro ride on M2 will get you there in about 45 mins - walking that last bit instead of the metro will add about 10 mins. A taxi will be about 30 minutes.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 8:16 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by Palal
If you want to do public transit, bus 200E and a 1-stop metro ride on M2 will get you there in about 45 mins - walking that last bit instead of the metro will add about 10 mins. A taxi will be about 30 minutes.
Do you mean bus 100E?

200E takes you to Kőbánya-Kispest metro station from where you can take metro M3 to Corvin-Negyed followed by tram 4/6 to the New York Palace. This is all included in any transport pass that you buy while the 100E requires a separate ticket to be bought for every journey.

However as the OP appears to be arriving on Sunday I believe M3 is replaced by a bus, so depends on one's preference.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold
Thanks so much for all the help. Very much appreciate it.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Best / quickest way to get from Budapest Airport to the City Centre
Old Jul 15, 2019, 9:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by :D!
Do you mean bus 100E?

200E takes you to Kőbánya-Kispest metro station from where you can take metro M3 to Corvin-Negyed followed by tram 4/6 to the New York Palace. This is all included in any transport pass that you buy while the 100E requires a separate ticket to be bought for every journey.

However as the OP appears to be arriving on Sunday I believe M3 is replaced by a bus, so depends on one's preference.
Old thread but need the latest info.

From Googling it seems there is a 100E bus 900 huf that will drop me at Astoria and then a very short walk to my hotel, yet some sites only mention the 200E and transferring to the Metro, which are 2 separate tkts

Can anyone confirm that the 100E is running or if its only the 200E?

last time in BUD there was a shared shuttle, yea I had to wait around awhile but it was alot cheaper then taking any private deal and I landed at night, while this time it will be at Noon.

With a checked bag dont think the 200E and Metro is how I want to go, but then again not interested in a private transfer either
Old Jul 16, 2019, 12:16 am

Programs: A3 *G, Hilton Diamond, Accor Silver
The 100E is running.

Here is a link that may provide some useful information: https://www.bud.hu/en/passengers/tra...transportation

You should be okay from the airport to Astoria but unless something has recently changed, the link mentions that Astoria is only served on the route to the airport 3:40-4:40 AM.

Tickets can be purchased at the airport at either the staffed booth in the arrivals area or at the ticket machines at the bus stop. I have always been well served at the staffed counter and the line never seems long compared to those at the ticket machines outside.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 1:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by xichang08
The 100E is running.

Here is a link that may provide some useful information: https://www.bud.hu/en/passengers/tra...transportation

You should be okay from the airport to Astoria but unless something has recently changed, the link mentions that Astoria is only served on the route to the airport 3:40-4:40 AM.

Tickets can be purchased at the airport at either the staffed booth in the arrivals area or at the ticket machines at the bus stop. I have always been well served at the staffed counter and the line never seems long compared to those at the ticket machines outside.
thx, Astoria would have been closer to my new hotel but Kalvin is doable. I inputted the wrong airport code alittle while ago on Hyatt.com and put in BUD where I knew there wasnt any properties and meant to put in LJU (where there arent any either) but a new hotel it seems just opened in BUD for Hyatt Parisi Udvar on Peton Sandor looks unreal and for some dumb reason its only a Cat 2 or 8000 pts when the rate is close to 300 Euro a night. No way after seeing the pics can I stay at The CY, usually stayed at The Marriott , applied a Club Access cert and it should be heaven

I still think the 100E to Kalvin is better then the 200E and Metro since I will have a checked bag to drag along and this way no going up and down to the Metro, thats besides that theres a Blue station right outside the hotel

* just looked at your link provided and it seems it drops at Astoria but only pick-ups 3:40 - 4:40am.

In your opin if the 100E does drop at Astoria would that be closer then Kalvin to the Parisi Udvar
Old Jul 16, 2019, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by craz
In your opin if the 100E does drop at Astoria would that be closer then Kalvin to the Parisi Udvar
The city-bound bus does stop at Astoria throughout the schedule.

Astoria will be a bit closer, but the walk from Kalvin ter is more pleasant. From Kalvin ter, cross over at the traffic lights right next to the bus stop and walk straight down Kecskemeti utca, which is partly pedestrianised. From Astoria, if you want to avoid the underpass, walk to the back of the bus stop and cross at the traffic lights. Then walk round the corner where Hotel Astoria is and straight down the (very busy) Kossuth Lajos utca.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 11:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by railways
The city-bound bus does stop at Astoria throughout the schedule.

Astoria will be a bit closer, but the walk from Kalvin ter is more pleasant. From Kalvin ter, cross over at the traffic lights right next to the bus stop and walk straight down Kecskemeti utca, which is partly pedestrianised. From Astoria, if you want to avoid the underpass, walk to the back of the bus stop and cross at the traffic lights. Then walk round the corner where Hotel Astoria is and straight down the (very busy) Kossuth Lajos utca.
Thx, and Kalvin it will be, printed out your post just in case I change my mind, that way Im covered either way with the directions
Old Jul 18, 2019, 3:41 pm

Here is the link to a 100 E bus schedule.
https://bkk.hu/en/airport-shuttle/
I downloaded the new app. mobiljegy and purchased tickets online . However these need to be activated at the bus and require wifi/or cell connection. Thankfully the conductor let us use his hotspot.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 12:56 pm
Suspended

Just wanted to thank everyone, got into BUD this afternoon, after a 3+ hour delay out of JFK-WAW

Turned out LO didnt get my checked bag on my WAW-BUD flight still waiting for it. Must say LO is the worst when it comes to tracking, not only dont they have an 800# but their Live Chat is useless

The good thing about no bag is its very hot out so I didnt have to drag a 2nd bag with me on the walk

Took the 100E the only negative comment is although it had the ac full blast, it was as if it wasnt even on, but at least I wasnt in Paris or London where it was over 100 degrees. Next trip over I will take the 100E again
Old Jul 28, 2019, 9:13 am
Suspended

if you already reached your 65th BD, note that the 100E is free, its suppose to be for Europeans only, but print out pg 1 &2 aboiut the 100E off the BUD Airports site where it says 65+ is free w/o noting its just for Europeans and they will honor it. If you havent hit 65 yet they wont let you board w/o paying. So youll be 65 in a couple of days, you will have to pay up

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.