Wiki Posts
Search

Flight Transfers in Oodessa

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2018, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Flight Transfers in Oodessa

Hi,

Me and a couple of friends are travelling to the UEFA Champions League final in Kyiv via Odessa. We fly on 25th May in to Odessa from Istanbul on TK8818 / UIA718 arriving at 15.45. We have an onward flight to Kyiv with Motorsich (flight M9251) departing at 17.50. The two flights are on separate tickets/itineraries; we will try to check in online for the domestic flight in advance, but not sure we will be able to as we will be in various airports.

How easy will the transfer from an international arrival to a domestic departure be? Do we need to exit through immigration, check in & re-enter, and will we have enough time?

Thanks

Last edited by TommyB1965; May 15, 2018 at 2:50 pm
Old May 15, 2018, 3:54 pm

Odessa Airport

Hi, it's a small airport with one terminal. You won't have to have to do any transfers but you'll need to clear customs in Odessa.
TommyB1965 likes this.
Old May 16, 2018, 12:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Valeva
Hi, it's a small airport with one terminal. You won't have to have to do any transfers but you'll need to clear customs in Odessa.
Thanks. Is there likely to be a significant delay at customs/immigration ? We are all UK passport holders
Old May 16, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by TommyB1965
Thanks. Is there likely to be a significant delay at customs/immigration ? We are all UK passport holders
As said, it's a small airport so your flight is likely the only international flight arriving at that time of the day.

The last time I traveled to ODS (admittedly though, a while ago) - it was fast and an entire Czech Airlines airbus process relatively fast. If your flight is one time, you will make it with plenty of time to spare.

Good luck at the final! I assume you support the right team that night being British fingers crossed! (both for the match and flying the ancient Antonov plane Motorsich uses on that route )
Old May 16, 2018, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Romanianflyer
As said, it's a small airport so your flight is likely the only international flight arriving at that time of the day.

The last time I traveled to ODS (admittedly though, a while ago) - it was fast and an entire Czech Airlines airbus process relatively fast. If your flight is one time, you will make it with plenty of time to spare.

Good luck at the final! I assume you support the right team that night being British fingers crossed! (both for the match and flying the ancient Antonov plane Motorsich uses on that route )
Thank you.

Of course we support the correct team, and we are coming via Istanbul so we can remember 2005 on the way
Old May 18, 2018, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by TommyB1965
...Of course we support the correct team, and we are coming via Istanbul so we can remember 2005 on the way
What happened in Istambul in 2005 to which team, that is worth remembering?
Old May 18, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Online check-in for M9 flights departing KBP and ODS is temporarily unavailable. But do try it 23 hours before your flight as things may change. It is a tight connection but as others have said ODS is a small airport and you should clear immigration/customs quickly. Provided that the PS flight is on time I believe you will make the connection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.