6 am to noon in Zürich. What's the best breakfast place on the lake

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2018, 6:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AP 1992- , AC SE1MM, NEXUS, GE, TD Visa Infinite Privilege, Fairmont Platinum

Hi everyone,

I'll be landing at ZRH at 6 am in about two weeks, omw to DXB My next flight being around noon, I was planning on taking the train towards downtown, particularly the old town / lake area of Zürich to grab breakfast with my traveling partner.

I remember that area from a visit around 25 years ago. Is it still as beautiful as I remember?

Any suggestions by someone who's been there in recent times ? Where would you have breakfast with a view ...? Or are there better places just a few corners away from the lakefront and we should just have a stroll afterwards?

If you have any suggestions of sights to see as well, we'll probably have a little time to spare in the area between flights, before heading back to the lounge to await our ZRH - DXB ride.

Thanks a million, miles
Old May 11, 2018, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AP 1992- , AC SE1MM, NEXUS, GE, TD Visa Infinite Privilege, Fairmont Platinum
OK... maybe Google Maps for these kinds of enquiries?

I'll try you guys again, though. Any thoughts on this place?

Babu's Bakery & Coffeehouse

And if I want to walk around for about two hours, in old town / canal / lake area (I like water), what are the sights / streets you'd recommend for someone from Montreal who appreciates old stones and history?
Old May 11, 2018, 2:00 pm

From the Hauptbahnhof, cross the river, cross that street, turn right for a very short distance, and look for a small cobblestone street that angles off - Niederdorfstrasse. You’ll be in the Altstadt now. Wander to your heart’s content. You might want to try the historic Cafè Schober, although it doesn’t open until 8:00 AM.
1flyer likes this.
Old May 11, 2018, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FLYMSY
From the Hauptbahnhof, cross the river, cross that street, turn right for a very short distance, and look for a small cobblestone street that angles off - Niederdorfstrasse. You’ll be in the Altstadt now. Wander to your heart’s content. You might want to try the historic Cafè Schober, although it doesn’t open until 8:00 AM.
Thanks! that's very helpful.
Old May 24, 2018, 6:39 am
Original Poster

I ended up taking a long walk in the old town and enjoying Café Schober and Babu's Bakery and Coffee. I recommend both.

Schober for a traditional hot chocolate in a historical setting, later in the morning, as we were making our way back to Hauptbahnhof. Great place to stop at and avoid the light drizzle of the morning rain for a while.

Babu's bakery and coffeehouse in Zürich is an amazing hipster third wave coffee shop, with lots of seating and a large selection of fresh viennoiserie, good coffee and a varied breakfast menu. I had the bircher muesli and a chocolatine with a latte. Nice big windows on Loewenstrasse, lots of plants, wooden tables, nicely decorated all around.

Enjoy Zurich!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.