Wiki Posts
Search

Innsbruck

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2018, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Innsbruck

Am heading to Innsbruck this weekend, arriving on Saturday about 1100 and then leaving on a flight around 1700 on the Sunday night. Any ideas on what I should check out (any hidden gems?), are there any day trips to towns nearby that are worth doing? Is it possible to do a short Ski Taster session anywhere nearby? . All thoughts/reccomendations welcomed!!

Many thanks
Old Jan 12, 2018, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Innsbruck will be in full ski mode right now. There are several ski mountains a short bus ride from Innsbruck so you could easily check one out on Saturday afternoon and another on Sunday morning (of course, the weekend is the busiest time). Innsbruck is a charming small town with some lovely old buildings and a bustling night life but can easily be "done" on Saturday evening.

I hope your flight out isn't late so you can do it in daylight - it's one of the more spectacular departures.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 4:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
Innsbruck will be in full ski mode right now. There are several ski mountains a short bus ride from Innsbruck so you could easily check one out on Saturday afternoon and another on Sunday morning (of course, the weekend is the busiest time). Innsbruck is a charming small town with some lovely old buildings and a bustling night life but can easily be "done" on Saturday evening.

I hope your flight out isn't late so you can do it in daylight - it's one of the more spectacular departures.
Interesting stuff - thank you!
Old Jan 13, 2018, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
You could go to Igls, about 6km from Innsbruck, where there is extensive skiing, 18km of pistes I believe.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 7:43 am

Only just seen this thread so too late for OP, but yes it's only a short 15min or so bus ride from Innsbruck town to Igls Patscherkofelbahn, from where the cablecar gives access to the Patscherkofel pistes - easily extensive enough for a nice taster session. There is a ski rental place on a wee back street just round the corner from the bus stop with friendly staff and reasonable rates here:

I don't know if lessons are bookable at Patscherkofelbahn - there is a nursery slope by the cablecar so possibly, but you'd want to check that in advance if needed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.