Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vienna Airport Question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2017, 10:49 pm
Original Poster

Vienna Airport Question

At the main arrival hall of VIE airport, after one clears customs, there is a Tourist Bureau which also sells local transportation tickets and passes (Wiener Linien). Does anyone know how long this office stays open on weekdays?

My flight will be landing at 22:00 (10 PM) and I need to buy tickets after arrival. This is important because in my experience the U-Bahn station does not have a manned ticket counter and the automatic machines do not sell 2 & 3 days tickets.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 2:34 am

Programs: *G
1- the automated machines DO sell 24/48/72 hour tickets (labeled by hour, not by days)
2- you can also buy them at any tobacco shops aka "Tabak"
3- only select/major ubahn station have ticket counters - such as Stephanplatz, Karlsplatz, Praterstern, Hauptbahnhof, etc

4- you can buy these tickets ONLINE

https://shop.wienerlinien.at/index.p...ow/0/0/0/0/buy
glennaa11 likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 6:12 am

I could not find the option to buy a 48-hour ticket at the machine, last week, and had to go back upstairs to the manned counter.

The machine screen looked different from YouTube videos - many buttons missing. Perhaps they updated firmware. I tried two machines, no luck. You can still buy one-time tickets to the city (Vienna + airport zone), but not 24, 48, 72 hr passes.

If I am mistaken, then please post instructions, on how to do that from the machines with current firmware.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 7:38 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by TObject
I could not find the option to buy a 48-hour ticket at the machine, last week, and had to go back upstairs to the manned counter.

The machine screen looked different from YouTube videos - many buttons missing. Perhaps they updated firmware. I tried two machines, no luck. You can still buy one-time tickets to the city (Vienna + airport zone), but not 24, 48, 72 hr passes.

If I am mistaken, then please post instructions, on how to do that from the machines with current firmware.
okay, that might be a limitation of of the machines at the airport. ive bought multi-day pass for visitors in standard city kiosks before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.