Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Any best recommendations for hostel in AMS?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2017, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines

I've never stayed in a hostel and was planning a quick 4 day trip to AMS next month.

Any ideas from those of you who have gone the hostel route?

Mahalo! :-)
Old Aug 12, 2017, 7:38 pm

St Christopher's at The Winston was nice. I stayed in a Twin Private Ensuite so it wasn't the full hostel exp. but I was with a friend that had never been out side of the US so I didn't want to toss him into a 10+ person room.

Food at the bar was good and the buy one get 4 free drinks for guest was nice and unexpected. The bar was busy and we didn't want to have to wait for drinks so we each ordered 2 and a whole tray full showed up.

Room was clean and the beds comfortable but was a bit hard to sleep with all the drunk people yelling all night.

If you want to be less adventurous the IBIS central station is nice. Can't really get lost as all trams and most of the major roads lead back to the station as long as you head North you will most likely hit the train station.

Also don't stay at the IBIS AMS airport. It is way out in BFE and it requires a train and bus ride to get to from the city center.

Last edited by dcman; Aug 12, 2017 at 7:43 pm
Old Aug 12, 2017, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines
dcman, thanks for the positive feedback and recommendation.

I will Google them and have a look.

I've been so used to always having a private room/bathroom that I shun to think if I am really of the Hostel sort.

Alas, I should give it a quick try as it's only for 4 days.

Once again, thank you! :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.