Wiki Posts
Search

Unprotected Connection: POZ

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2017, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond
Question Unprotected Connection: POZ

Not sure if this is the correct forum, please move if necessary.

Looking to link 2 W6 flights (LTN-POZ, POZ-IEV) on separate PNR's with connection at POZ. 2:20 connection time.
Non-schengen to Non-schengen.

Have plenty of time to make the connection even if there is a (pretty significant) delay; I'm just weary as there is limited options if I miss the connection (LO the next morning) and my travel insurance does not cover missed connections <3hr. (this truly is unprotected)

Anyone have experience connecting at POZ?
Old Aug 7, 2017, 11:24 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by YacozA
Not sure if this is the correct forum, please move if necessary.

Looking to link 2 W6 flights (LTN-POZ, POZ-IEV) on separate PNR's with connection at POZ. 2:20 connection time.
Non-schengen to Non-schengen.

Have plenty of time to make the connection even if there is a (pretty significant) delay; I'm just weary as there is limited options if I miss the connection (LO the next morning) and my travel insurance does not cover missed connections <3hr. (this truly is unprotected)

Anyone have experience connecting at POZ?
This question is asked over and over ... and the answer is always the same: you cannot link/connect/join/combine two separate reservations/PNRs
Old Aug 8, 2017, 1:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
This question is asked over and over ... and the answer is always the same: you cannot link/connect/join/combine two separate reservations/PNRs
My question wasn't intrinsically about linking, it was a general query about if people thought it was a good idea to do an unprotected (longish) connection in POZ;
Old Aug 8, 2017, 2:19 am

No matter if the connection time is adequate it's worth checking out the historical performance of the flights in question on for example Flight Radar
Old Aug 8, 2017, 2:27 am

More than enough in normal circumstances i.e. assuming no major delays. Upon arrival, you will walk to the main terminal building where you will clear passports. I'm relatively sure you will not be able to connect as such meaning that you will have to exit and head to the departures area, where you'll have to go through security and passports once again.

G
Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:48 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
The above two users are right - and it's the only feedback we can give you.

I don't know about the flight history, but Wizzair is mostly on time on similar flights so unless the LTN-POZ flights are somehow historically prone to delays, it is for sure easily doable at a small airport like POZ.

Yet the final answer the OP can only give him/herself:

Is it worth risking it?

If you don't mind taking a slight chance paying a few extra $ for alternative arrangements in case you miss the flight, and don't have an important work meeting/wedding/angry mother-in-live driving 300 miles to pick you up from IEV or whatever else awaiting you in Kiev, yes it might be worth risking it. I've done similar such things many times when I knew the risk was little and back-up plans were there in case things would go wrong.

But if you somehow can't afford to spend the money for paying top $ for last minute travels in case of missing the flight, and you really MUST be that day in Kiev, then don't - really.

PS. There are worse places than POZ to miss a flight, underrated little city, very pleasant!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.