Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ZRH overnight

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2017, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

ZRH overnight

Connecting from the U.S. to Narita with an overnight stay at ZRH. Any recommendations? No time for sightseeing, just straight accommodations. Five star at a 1 star price. Just kidding. I know my home country is horribly expensive nowadays, but to be fair, I emigrated 70 years ago. So, reasonable will just be fine.

Last edited by Exleftseat; Aug 6, 2017 at 8:21 pm
Old Aug 6, 2017, 8:05 pm
Suspended

Im usually doing the opposite, I take a late afternoon flight to ZRH arriving in the evening (otherwise its a 5am flight) needless to say all the US bound flights are long gone.

I usually book The Radisson a 5 min walk from when I walk out of Arrivals, across the street, its now 70k Club Carlson pts, but I dont have to deal with shuttles or whatever and allows me to sleep in longer to boot.

Theres a Park Inn thats almost 1/2 the pts but since you have to sign up for the shuttle in the morning,Im afarid by the time I get there all the slots will be gone except the real early ones which I dont want. So I just suck it up and blow the 70k

If we arrived a couple of hours before we do or if my US flight was say 1pm then I would go into the city since Id have time to catch something.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 8:39 pm

I stay at one of 2 places when at ZRH. The Hilton or if not a lot of luggage, I take the train to Bülach and stay at the zum Goldenen Kopf.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 6:15 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
There is a quite nice and reasonably priced Best Western in Winterthur located right next to the train station. 15 minutes train ride from ZRH.

We were there just this past weekend and would stay again. Impeccably clean and fantastic service.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Thanks all for your thoughtful recommendations. They are extremely helpful and we are
looking forward to our stay. Thanks again and safe travels.^
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:44 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
If it really is just a bed that you want, the Dayrooms hotel airside at ZRH has very good overnight rates.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by The_Bouncer
If it really is just a bed that you want, the Dayrooms hotel airside at ZRH has very good overnight rates.
Great idea, but I have to go landside to check in additional luggage. Besides that I am not even sure if they will allow me to check in my regular luggage all the way through. Might have to pick that up at ZRH
Old Aug 9, 2017, 6:53 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Unless you have a very early morning flight out of ZRH, dayrooms at the airport are rather basic and not a good value for money.

I usually stay at the Hilton and often get upgraded with lounge access as a Gold. I even got upgraded once from a room in the Apart Hotel next door (operated by Hilton but not an HH property) to the Hilton because the former was overbooked and was given lounge access when check-in staff saw my gold card. ^
Old Aug 11, 2017, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Last year I stayed at the Hilton. Not bad and within walking distance for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.