Wiki Posts
Search

Does New Passport Reset Schengen Clock?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2016, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: United, SPG
Does New Passport Reset Schengen Clock?

I was in the EU and got a new USA passport. Left EU on old passport (they stamped old passport with exit stamp) and 1 week later re-entered EU on brand new passport no problem. Does anyone know if the new passport number would technically re-set the Schengen clock or if the EU links my 2 USA passport numbers? Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 15, 2016, 5:46 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Entry is not granted to your passport, but to you, the human being. You are permitted to spend 90 in 180 days as a tourist in the Schengen Area.

The Schengen authorities may link your old passport number to your new passport number, or they may not. Nonetheless, you should not break the law.

By the way, not all EU countries are in Schengen, and not all Schengen countries are in the EU.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.