Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Uber in Bucharest

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2016, 11:44 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Thumbs up Uber in Bucharest

I was in Bucharest last week and I was pleasantly surprised to find the city has Uber. I took it twice, from my hotel to dinner and then back. Each time the drive arrived promptly, was friendly and drove a lot more safely than the cab drivers i encountered in the city. Plus, it's really cheap. The biggest difficulty for me was spotting cars unfamiliar to me (Dacia Logan?).
Old Jan 2, 2016, 5:51 pm

Shouldn't this be in the Ride Services forum?
Old Jan 7, 2016, 7:37 pm

Programs: price is a king
Originally Posted by CMK10
I was in Bucharest last week and I was pleasantly surprised to find the city has Uber. I took it twice, from my hotel to dinner and then back. Each time the drive arrived promptly, was friendly and drove a lot more safely than the cab drivers i encountered in the city. Plus, it's really cheap. The biggest difficulty for me was spotting cars unfamiliar to me (Dacia Logan?).
agreed, Uber in Bucharest was a life saving experience Did that 2 months ago, I was super happy, although my Romanian friends didn't even know they had Uber in town.

mfk
Old Jan 12, 2016, 11:02 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Has anyone used Uber at the airport? If so, can you share the pickup location information?

Cheers.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 7:16 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by brp
Has anyone used Uber at the airport? If so, can you share the pickup location information?

Cheers.
I didn't and I see no reason to. Cabs in from the airport are really cheap. I paid 26 RON to go back and forth to the Intercontinental. When I checked the Uber fare it was quoting 36 RON.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 7:23 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by CMK10
I didn't and I see no reason to. Cabs in from the airport are really cheap. I paid 26 RON to go back and forth to the Intercontinental. When I checked the Uber fare it was quoting 36 RON.
Fair point. Thanks. The articles I've read have Uber as cheaper than cabs, but it's only a few RON anyway, and not terribly relevant. I just like the feel and experience of Uber more than Taxis, in general. But I could really go either way at an airport.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.