Wiki Posts
Search

Does anyone know how a case of visa shopping is determined

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2015, 3:08 am
Original Poster

Does anyone know how a case of visa shopping is determined

Please bear with my very long story.
In early March, I applied for a work permit to Denmark for an internship program. I was denied the visa on grounds that my internship post(volunteer teacher) and the degree I was pursuing(BSc Civil Engineering) had no relation to each other. The embassy contacted my internship agency in Denmark and informed them of their decision and as such I got to know that it was denied before the embassy in my home country even knew. Since the period for the internship was almost over by the time the embassy responded, I decided to take up another volunteer program but in Poland. I therefore collected my passport from the Denmark embassy who told me that my application was still open and went and applied for a Schengen visa at the Poland embassy. At the time I didn't think this meant anything but after reading some of the forums here, I fear I may have made quite a mistake. Poland also denied my visa request. For both cases I did not bother to appeal because the period for the volunteer programs was almost ending as I got the decisions from the embassies.
Now I have applied for a German student visa and I just wanted to know if there is a possibility of all these being tied together and taken as visa shopping. What are my chances? Any advice?
Old Oct 1, 2015, 3:43 am

Unfortunately, "toutes les bonnes (mauvaises) choses viennent par trois" and I am therefore pessimistic with respect to your application. There is a central "Schengen database" queried by all countries, and if a visa was refused on two occasions (in your case, back-to-back), my guess is that the Germans will also say no.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 5:30 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by iiaurie
Now I have applied for a German student visa and I just wanted to know if there is a possibility of all these being tied together and taken as visa shopping. What are my chances? Any advice?
Your chances of getting a student visa seem to be very low, and they fall with each denied application for a short term visa. These EU countries you mentioned use VIS, and so Germany will know about the denial by the other two countries and are likely to hold that against you. While some people manage to get some kind of visa even after a denial or two or even three, it's uncommon unless something else changes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.