Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Greek island for 1-2 day visit in Feb

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2014, 9:28 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kmandrew
We are planning a similiar trip for May of 2016. We will fly into Athens and home from Instanbul around 15 days later. I have plenty of Hilton points to use so hotels in these 2 cities will not be a problem. I would love some advice on the middle 10 days, we would prefer to take ferries over flying and would of course like to stay at Hilton properties as much as possible to save money. We don't mind changing hotels every 2/3 days so 3 stops between Athens and Instanbul would be about right. This might be a question better suited to the Hilton forum but I would think posters here are pretty knowledgable about Hilton choices?

Thanks
Planning for a 10 day trip as you are describing would be better reviewed by the TripAdvisor Greek forum.....that is their specialty and is incredibly active (100's of post a day just on Greece)

While I am not at all discounting this forum for great information...you should be using both for your research and QandA.

I could easily spend 5 days in and around Athens....and 5 days in and around Istanbul with a lot of travel in between.

There is a decent Hilton in Athens...although it is a little out of the mainstream of the the city. ( But not much and very doable and popular)
Old Dec 3, 2014, 9:46 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Thanks, I agree. Hilton does a 5th night free on points so we would probably look at 5 nights in Athens fly to some really cool place for 4/5 nights then fly from Athens to Instanbul for the last 5 nights. I'll check TA for advice on the middle days. The reason we try to use Hilton is not only the free nights but we are both Diamonds and for the most part get treated really well in Europe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.