Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vienna 5-star hotel

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2014, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Vienna 5-star hotel

Anyone know how to find either a very mispriced deal or at least a great rate on a 5-star hotel in Vienna?

I already tried Priceline bidding, with no luck. Sometimes that yields a very good rate, like half price. Not at the moment though.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 6:31 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
BRG the Imperial Riding Marriott
Old Nov 24, 2014, 6:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Cash and points at the new Park Hyatt or one of the SPG properties, Imperial/Bristol (LC)/Le Meridien?
Old Nov 24, 2014, 8:38 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the BRG idea! I hadn't thought of it. I tried this but the Marriott website says "booking unavailable" for this hotel when I put in my dates. I'm going to try and use that to book as I've got another month or so before I need a room.

Originally Posted by Nikolaos
BRG the Imperial Riding Marriott
Old Nov 24, 2014, 8:38 pm
Original Poster

I don't have any SPG points unfortunately. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Cash and points at the new Park Hyatt or one of the SPG properties, Imperial/Bristol (LC)/Le Meridien?
Old Nov 24, 2014, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, Hyatt GP Platinum, *wood Gold
You could try roomertravel.com : sometimes you get lucky when someone has to offload a prepaid, nonrefundable stay.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 12:06 am
Original Poster

Another good idea--thanks!!

Originally Posted by milehound
You could try roomertravel.com : sometimes you get lucky when someone has to offload a prepaid, nonrefundable stay.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 12:11 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by BillyDWilliazs1
Thanks for the BRG idea! I hadn't thought of it. I tried this but the Marriott website says "booking unavailable" for this hotel when I put in my dates. I'm going to try and use that to book as I've got another month or so before I need a room.
Marriott wouldn't normally be considered a five star hotel in a major European capitol city.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 9:19 am

Marriott wouldn't normally be considered a five star hotel in a major European capitol city.
Not to be argumentative , but most of the Marriott's in Europe's capital cities are five star properties. None are luxury hotels naturally, but at least most are rated five star.

To the OP, the Imperial Riding School's new executive wing has wonderful large rooms, a private all day concierge and a huge private lounge. If you can get a good rate, that hotel would be a good choice.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the info James!

Originally Posted by JamesEaston
Not to be argumentative , but most of the Marriott's in Europe's capital cities are five star properties. None are luxury hotels naturally, but at least most are rated five star.

To the OP, the Imperial Riding School's new executive wing has wonderful large rooms, a private all day concierge and a huge private lounge. If you can get a good rate, that hotel would be a good choice.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 4:21 pm
Suspended

Interconti maybe?
(If you have some question about vienna you can ask me and i try to help you.)
Old Nov 29, 2014, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by JamesEaston

I tend to interpret a request for a five star hotel subjectively as meaning that a top first class to luxury property is wanted, not just a desire for a place that has sufficiently many check boxes for stuff like minibars, direct dial telephones, elevators, some sort of 24 hour room service, etc. to qualify for a star rating as defined by European governments. Many international chain hotels qualify for five stars according to the government rating systems, but someone expecting what would subjectively be considered five star qualify is likely to be extremely disappointed by a foreign Hilton, Marriott, or similar hotel.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 2:20 pm
Suspended

to qualify for a star rating as defined by European governments.
normaly every country use there own system.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Togo, will do.

Originally Posted by ToGo
Interconti maybe?
(If you have some question about vienna you can ask me and i try to help you.)
Old Dec 2, 2014, 5:51 am

I tend to interpret a request for a five star hotel subjectively as meaning that a top first class to luxury property is wanted, not just a desire for a place that has sufficiently many check boxes for stuff like minibars, direct dial telephones, elevators, some sort of 24 hour room service, etc. to qualify for a star rating as defined by European governments. Many international chain hotels qualify for five stars according to the government rating systems, but someone expecting what would subjectively be considered five star qualify is likely to be extremely disappointed by a foreign Hilton, Marriott, or similar hotel.
I will never understand posts like this. It adds absolutely nothing to the needs of the OP. It is nothing more than a miserably failed attempt to prove you were previously correct when in fact you were not.

In this second wrong post, you indicate that somehow the OP was looking for luxury. If that was the case he would have a) posted it in the luxury hotel forum, b) not have mentioned priceline and c) asked how to get good rates at the Ritz or the Sacher

Then the giberish about ratings. Whether the rating comes from an industry wide organization or national government, when a hotel is rated 5 stars it is rated 5 stars whether you agree or not. The OP was asking about 5 star hotels, not luxury hotels.

You wrongly suggested that "Marriott wouldn't normally be considered a five star hotel in a major European capitol city" which was, still is and likely always will be a false statement.

Own it when you make a mistake, don't try to justify it. Takes a bit of courage, but it's possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.