Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Europe: Warm Cokes and Public Buildings

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2014, 11:36 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by stut
Full fat Coke in the UK is certainly sweetened with sugar, but I doubt it's pure cane sugar -at least half the sugar here is from domestically grown sugar beet.

The vending machines in Japan are incredible, and they're not just on street corners. Cycling on cycle paths out in the country, I've found them in the middle of nowhere - or even attached to temples. Nothing beats a cold Pocari Sweat on a hot day...
You're correct as to sugar beet sources, which is a good share of our sugar in the U.S. as well. The brand of sugar I buy for my kitchen is made from 100% cane sugar so I just tend to have that term on my mind when I think of it. Either of the two sources of sugar is fine for the original Coke taste IMHO.

There is an import foods store here where I will occasionally pick up some Pocari Sweat - great stuff for working out on a summer day!
Old Nov 30, 2014, 2:30 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by jib71
Pretty much all of your complaints can be solved by.....being a little pushy.
Yes, that will solve it, nothing we Europeans love more than pushy Americans.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by 84fiero

There is an import foods store here where I will occasionally pick up some Pocari Sweat - great stuff for working out on a summer day!
You should try 100Plus then, that's even better.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 2:33 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
I think the topic of this thread has drifted slightly. Combined with its age, I think it's time to draw it to a close.

Good-natured discussions on soft drinks and their temperature are of course welcome - please feel free to start any new discussion should you wish.

Thread closed.

stut
Europe Forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.