Wiki Posts
Search

Warsaw Layover. ideas?

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2014, 2:48 am
Original Poster

Warsaw Layover. ideas?

Hello all.
I arrive onto Warsaw at 11:00 with BA and fly out to CDG with AF at 15:45.

They are 2 separate tickets and I need to check in luggage. My question is if there is time to go to the city centre? I know there is a train to get me there perhaps for a quick beer and a meal as the thought of staying in the airport is quite a bore. Or is there a decent eating option for Polish food near the airport?

I also know there is a AF flight at 12:45 and would not mind hoping onto that one as I have a one hour connection in CDG to YUL and would much rather have more time to transfer in CDG. If this is the case and I make the check in on time would AF charge me to get on the earlier flight?

Any ideas appreciated!

Cheer
Old May 16, 2014, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by tecate19x
...I also know there is a AF flight at 12:45 and would not mind hoping onto that one as I have a one hour connection in CDG to YUL and would much rather have more time to transfer in CDG. If this is the case and I make the check in on time would AF charge me to get on the earlier flight?
Fully depends on the kind of ticket you have (flexible or not, etc.). Look at it carefully, it may state whether it's possible. Alternatively, call them to find out. If not flexible, the chances are low, even if seats are available.
Old May 16, 2014, 7:57 am

Programs: price is a king
Originally Posted by tecate19x
Or is there a decent eating option for Polish food near the airport?
you have 3hs, more than enough to have a decent meal. Are you looking for a traditional Polish food (which nearly nobody eats anymore) or some higher-end modern Polish food? OR are you up for a real experience (although you'd need to speak Polish ...)

mfk
Old May 16, 2014, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MichalFKowalik
you have 3hs, more than enough to have a decent meal. Are you looking for a traditional Polish food (which nearly nobody eats anymore) or some higher-end modern Polish food? OR are you up for a real experience (although you'd need to speak Polish ...)

mfk
Thanks Michal. I would like a authentic as possible, A Milk Bar would be ideal but from what I understand they are a thing of the past. I speak no Polish but am from Ukrainian / Hungarian extract so would like the full experience as Polish food is somewhat similar to Ukrainian. When ever I travel I try to get as authentic as possible.I find that by pointing and just interacting with people I can usually get what I want!
Old May 16, 2014, 8:53 am

Cool, when exactly are you coming?
Old May 16, 2014, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Its June 26th
Old May 17, 2014, 2:02 pm

Programs: A3 Silver, BA BLUE, IHG Gold, Hertz President's circle, AY plat
You can take a KM/SKM train to Warszawa Centralna or Warszawa Srodmiescie (both 20 minutes travel time) and visit the Pkin viewing terrace, from this iconic building you have a nice view over the city.

There is a modern milk bar in the street between the Pkin and the Intercontinental hotel, but I never tried it.
Old May 18, 2014, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by fbruno
You can take a KM/SKM train to Warszawa Centralna or Warszawa Srodmiescie (both 20 minutes travel time) and visit the Pkin viewing terrace, from this iconic building you have a nice view over the city.

There is a modern milk bar in the street between the Pkin and the Intercontinental hotel, but I never tried it.
+1 on "Stalin's Sister" terrace - best view of Warsaw (as you actually can't see that very building )

If you want to try REAL Polish food and you speak a little of Polish/Ukrainian/Russian I'd suggest you visit "PASJA SMAKU" on 64 Zytnia Str. It is not quite in the center however less than 30PLN taxi ride from the airport. All my international guests (Swedish, American, German, Taiwanese, Ukrainian) love that spot.

mfk
Old May 20, 2014, 8:08 am
Original Poster

@fbruno thanks for the tip, do you know the name of the restaurant? I looked at the time Train time table and I should be able to have about 2 hours in town provided I arrive into Warsaw at 11:00 should clear with my luggage and check in for Paris, I assume I will get the 12:06 train to the city and return at 14:24 back to the airport. Which should be enough time and to grab a beer or two also! Any other tips of things near the train station would be appreciated as well
Thanks again chaps
Old May 22, 2014, 7:37 am

Programs: A3 Silver, BA BLUE, IHG Gold, Hertz President's circle, AY plat
It's this http://goo.gl/maps/9955K
www.mleczarniajerozolimska.pl/

I never tried it so I don't know or their food is good, but I just saw the menu and it was pretty cheap.
Old May 23, 2014, 1:03 am

one little further away (10 mins walking from Central Station) seems to have much better ratings!

Bar Mleczny Bambino
Krucza 21
00-525 Warszawa, mazowieckie

mfk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.