Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

How early do I need to arrive at PRG before my flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2014, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver

I'll be flying in and out of Prague, and am wondering how close to my flight time I can arrive and be safe (flight will be heading to LHR). I used to always plan to arrive at airports about 2 hours before my flight time for international flights, but on a recent trip out of ORY, I found myself completely alone in the departure area for a good hour before anyone else showed up, which made me wish I had slept in a bit more. I'll be departing quite early on this trip as well - is PRG efficient (and consistent) enough that I can cut it closer?
Old May 2, 2014, 2:13 am

Programs: TK Elite ...and blue, lots of blue...
I've only been there a few times but had the impression that it runs smoothly. No long lines at security, no lines at check-in. Arriving 1 hour before your flight should be plenty.
Old May 2, 2014, 4:57 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
I've seen both - long lines at security and no lines at all, both at Terminal 2. Admittedly the long line was on a Friday afternoon.
Old May 2, 2014, 7:40 am
Original Poster

I'll be leaving on a Friday morning, though pretty early...
Old May 2, 2014, 1:37 pm

Are you checking baggage? Will you have checked in online? This will make a difference.

Others have mentioned security, but no one else has mentioned the other queue you'll be joining - the one to have your passport checked (as you are leaving Schengen). You need to allow some time for that as well.
Old May 2, 2014, 4:53 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, DL FO, DL MM, Marriott Gold, Hyatt platinum
I'd stick with two hours when leaving PRG. As mentioned, there are times when lines grow long. You probably would rather miss a little sleep than miss your flight to LHR.
Old May 4, 2014, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Thanks! I will be checking a bag, and will be checking-in on-line. I'll stick with the 2 hours to be safe- just wanted to make sure I wasn't being overly early. I appreciate the input.
Old May 4, 2014, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by whimsey21
Thanks! I will be checking a bag, and will be checking-in on-line. I'll stick with the 2 hours to be safe- just wanted to make sure I wasn't being overly early. I appreciate the input.
Worst case scenario, you can have the most expensive Czech beer in the country while you wait
Old May 9, 2014, 7:08 am
Original Poster

I can certainly think of worse-- heck, I've been in worse!
Old May 11, 2014, 10:28 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K

Personally, I'd not get there any earlier than 90 minutes. You'll be sitting around twiddling thumbs.
Old May 17, 2014, 7:42 pm

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
If you have status with the alliance you're flying with, just go to the check-in desk and tell them to stick a "priority" sticker to your boarding pass. Then when heading to security, look at the rightmost "priority lane" passage, and use that. 1 hour before departure time will be more than enough then.
Old May 19, 2014, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Hi all,
Just a follow-up for anyone who might have a similar question in the future. I got in rather late the night before my flight, so I opted for 90 minutes in advance rather than 2 hours. I didn't have status at the time so I couldn't use the priority lane, but early in the morning there were no lines at immigration despite a reasonable number of scheduled departures, and I did have time to twiddle my thumbs before boarding. The security for my flight was right at the gate entrance, so I assume they would ensure everyone gets through and onto the plane, no matter how long the line...
thanks for the replies!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.