Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Land CDG 8:35 - can i make the TGV train at 10:16???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2013, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat

Hi all,

Get in on an Air France flight from NYC, landing at 8:35 am. There's a 10:16 TGV train to Poitiers leaving from the airport station. If I miss it the next one is over 4 hours later. How far from the AF terminal to the TGV station at the airport? Can I make this train?

My other option is go to Montparnasse and take a 12:12 or 12:46 which I feel is the safe bet, I'd take either a taxi or the AF shuttle.

thanks for your input.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 8:02 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
You should be fine.
Can I suggest you take a look in the France forum ... lots of resources there, including this
Old Aug 11, 2013, 10:01 am

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
Originally Posted by nerdkiller
Hi all,

Get in on an Air France flight from NYC, landing at 8:35 am. There's a 10:16 TGV train to Poitiers leaving from the airport station. If I miss it the next one is over 4 hours later. How far from the AF terminal to the TGV station at the airport? Can I make this train?

My other option is go to Montparnasse and take a 12:12 or 12:46 which I feel is the safe bet, I'd take either a taxi or the AF shuttle.

thanks for your input.
It will take you 10 minutes once you have picked up your luggage to get to the TGV. I would take the earlier train, but would probably buy a refundable fare. CDG to Montparnasse is 1h by RER/metro, taxi depends on the traffic, anything from 40-90 minutes
Old Aug 11, 2013, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat
I didnt realize there was a refundable fare. My friend insisted I reserve the ticket in advance where as I wanted to play it by ear.

Thanks for pointing out this is the genreal europe forum. I moved here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/franc...l#post21255221

MOD CAN DELETE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.