Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Connecting between EasyJet and SAS in CPH?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2013, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex

I fly enough I shouldn't have to ask this question, but I almost always travel on a single ticket on a single airline, or at least on a single ticket on a single alliance, so it has just occurred to me that I'm about to try something I don't have any experience with:

I've booked a flight on EasyJet from FCO to CPH, and a later flight on SAS from CPH to AAR (Aarhus). When I check in at FCO, or before, is there any way to arrange for my checked bag to be transferred automatically from EasyJet to the SAS flight?

Assuming there's no way to do this, I assume I'll have to collect the bag at CPH and re-check it for the SAS flight. In that case, is 90 minutes enough to do this at CPH, or do I need to look at swapping the SAS flight for a later one?
Old Aug 7, 2013, 2:24 pm

You will not be able to interline your lugage from EasyJet to SK.
EasyJet arrives at the F gates at CPH - which is a 10 min hike to bagage claim. Pick-up bags - and then a 15 min hike to terminal 1 to check bagage for the domestic flight to AAR (IIRC the deadline is 30 min prior to departure). There also is free shuttle bus between the terminals - if you have a lot of lugage.

There is usually no lines of any significance at the SK counter in terminal 1 - and SK are not terribly strict (usually) on the 30 min (once got a bag loaded at T1 at T-15 min)

In conclusion - provided that EasyJet arrives on time, it should be doable.

Note: As I have NOT tried this my self I do not think you can check lugage at the SK counters at terminal 3 for a domestic flight. One could always ask!

Last edited by FT Guest xyzpdq; Aug 7, 2013 at 2:53 pm
Old Aug 7, 2013, 2:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by OFFlyer
Note: As I have tried this my self I do not think you can check lugage at the SK counters at terminal 3 for a domestic flight. One could always ask!
My experience proves otherwise a couple of times...
Old Aug 7, 2013, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by jamesie_version1
My experience proves otherwise a couple of times...
Stand corrected - good news for the OP.
I also should have written "As I have NOT tried.." Will correct
Old Aug 7, 2013, 5:10 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
And if Easy Jet is late then you are pretty much stranded unless your SK ticket is fully flexible. In any case I would recommend the first train to Aarhus in such case. It is likely cheaper than flying and gets you straight from CPH airport into the town. It is also easy to buy the train ticket right in the terminal for the next departing trains (roughly every hour), so you do not have to worry about missing tickets due to delays.

(CPH is very conveninent for conenctions like yours but without checked bags)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.