Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Car rental -- Prague Airport in August

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:42 pm
Original Poster

Car rental -- Prague Airport in August

We want to rent a car for a about a week at Prague Airport in August. There are 3 adults and 2 children.

Any suggestions for how to book a car cheaply?
Old Jul 9, 2013, 12:59 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
I've always been happy with the rates from Sixt at PRG.

That said, I'd strongly recommend against a car for use within the city itself - I'd normally only get one if I were headed up into the mountains, for example.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stut
I've always been happy with the rates from Sixt at PRG.

That said, I'd strongly recommend against a car for use within the city itself - I'd normally only get one if I were headed up into the mountains, for example.
We are planning to go to South Bohemia. While in Prague we won;t have the car. How can I get the best rates at Sixt--just turn up, or should I book in advance? Where should I book?
Old Jul 11, 2013, 6:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by bridgeair
We are planning to go to South Bohemia. While in Prague we won;t have the car. How can I get the best rates at Sixt--just turn up, or should I book in advance? Where should I book?
www.sixt.com
Book online in advance. Walk-up rates will be significantly higher.

Last edited by UAPremExecflyer; Jul 11, 2013 at 7:06 pm Reason: added: "book in advance"
Old Jul 12, 2013, 6:44 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Oh yes, definitely. Always book in advance. I wouldn't specifically restrict yourself to Sixt - try a consolidator like AutoEurope or CarHire3000, or just one of the standard travel booking sites.

I generally found driving in the Czech Republic pretty easy (provided you know the standard European-style pictogram road signs and the priority-to-the-right rules).
Old Jul 23, 2014, 1:45 pm
alc

Sorry to bump up this thread, but my question is exactly the same as the title. My trip is leaving in < 2 weeks and currently I do have a reservation at Thrifty as they are way cheaper than any other company. But when researching I found the some bad review, for example:

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-...e_Bohemia.html

Hence, I want to see if others from FlyerTalk here had any comment. If I switch to Avis or Hertz, they are 60% to 70% more expensive. For some car type, it can even be over 100% more expensive, i.e. double the price.

Thanks.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 3:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
In that part of Europe, Sixt is pretty much the leading company in terms of cars and service. Just my opinion, but with places like Thrifty, you get what you pay for.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 5:41 am
Original Poster

I ended up using AirportRentals.com in back 2013
Old Sep 3, 2014, 3:54 am

Sixt is your best and friendliest (IMHO) option. But as people above me mentioned, definitely book in advance so you don't get stressed during the arrival.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.