Search

Looking for a (catered) chalet in Bernese Oberland

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2011, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Many
Looking for a (catered) chalet in Bernese Oberland

Hi all,

Despite the current lack of snow, I am looking at a one week rent in Bernese Oberland during Christmas and New Year Eve. We will be a group of 5 adults, and 2 young kids.

Since the kids are with us, I was thinking about a chalet, with possible catering. I know such service exists in France but I am less familiar with Swiss offers.

I have searched for that in Wengen but have not yet found.

I know that is quite a last minute query for a busy moment of the year but if you have any address to share, I will appreciate.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bodory
Hi all,

Despite the current lack of snow, I am looking at a one week rent in Bernese Oberland during Christmas and New Year Eve. We will be a group of 5 adults, and 2 young kids.
FT Legend Rudi might be of help, as he is very familiar with the Bernese Oberland.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 6:40 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
If you are not successfull with one of the resorts own Reservation websites (because This is the most demanded Time of Year) I do recommend to Take Interlaken as your base station (free transportation to l/from the 3 Ski regions: Grindelwald-First, Männlichen-Kleine Scheidegg and Mürren-Schilthorn is included with a Ski-Pass of 3 days or more).
Old Nov 28, 2011, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Hello Rudi,

Thank you for your post. I will definitely look at Interlaken options.

Let's hope for the snow to fall. Talking about the French Alps where I usually stay, I have rarely seen so little snow at this time of the year.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 1:21 pm

Let it snow...

A major front hit the Alps this weekend, and most areas will see snowfall throughout the week. You should be fine for Xmas, but you are very late ti get a good booking, and expect a minimum requirement of a one week stay. If you are very flexible and wait until 7-10 days prior you might be able to book just a few nights. Good luck.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by bodory
Hello Rudi,

Thank you for your post. I will definitely look at Interlaken options.

Let's hope for the snow to fall. Talking about the French Alps where I usually stay, I have rarely seen so little snow at this time of the year.
I certainly remember successive Christmases in the late 70's early 80's where TV news always seemed to have coverage of people playing volleyball in the Alps because there was no snow to ski on.

Even back in the late 90's I recall trips to the French Alps where snow was dire at New Year. I just think we've been lucky for the last few successive years with heavy falls very early on.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 9:56 am
Original Poster

The snow is now falling !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.