Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help me make the most of my Europe Itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2011, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Help me make the most of my Europe Itinerary

Tentative dates on hold with the airline: Sept 27th (arriving Sept 28) to Oct 11th. We would arrive in Paris and fly home from Rome.

We want to hit Paris (and possibly explore one day in the Champagne region) and then shoot over to Italy (possibly by means of Switzerland?) and go to Venice, Florence, Rome and Positano.

How would you break it up? Would you eliminate any towns? Any other suggestions? Thank you!!

**I know we are trying to get a lot in during one trip, but chances are we this may be our only trip to Europe for a long time, so we want to make the most of it
Old Jun 3, 2011, 4:34 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please follow this Thread in the Europe Forum.
Thanks...
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Jun 3, 2011, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
That is a lot to fit in to a short time. From my experience though, you can get the gist of Florence in 1-2 days. I was there for 3 and crammed in a lot of experiences. I really enjoyed walking around in Rome and would highly recommend that. Get a Rick Steve's book and follow that for some great walking tours. And try out Palatium restaurant, but be sure to get reservations. It'd be nice if you have some time to enjoy Tuscany and the countryside (San Gimignano, Montepulciano, and other small towns), but it sounds like that won't work. I haven't been to Venice or Positano yet so I can't help much there. But I'm sure you'll like Italy. Even if you feel its a crammed itinerary, be sure to take it easy some days and just enjoy the environment. It is a great country to visit.
Old Jun 4, 2011, 2:58 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ooodsie
We would arrive in Paris and fly home from Rome.

We want to hit Paris (and possibly explore one day in the Champagne region) and then shoot over to Italy (possibly by means of Switzerland?) and go to Venice, Florence, Rome and Positano.
Erm ... you might tell us how you intend to travel around. Bicycle? Car? Train? Plane? Reasonable suggestions will obviously depend on your mode of transport.

cheers,

Henry

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.