Amsterdam restaurant for large group

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2010, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Amsterdam restaurant for large group

Hi

I'm in Amsterdam this weekend for a buck's party and it's all been left to the last minute. My friend, who lives here, was supposed to be organising everything but he hasn't. Anyway, we need a restaurant for dinner tomorrow night. As it will involve 15-20 mid-20's guys letting their hair down we obviously don't want anything too quiet. Something like a bier cafe would be great or even just a big pizza place. Basically I need somewhere that is fairly cheap, and will keep the alcohol flowing

Thanks

One other thing, is the queue for the Anne Frank museum always that long? Or is there something special on at the moment? I'd like to visit but I don't really want to stand in line for hours.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 3:14 am

Programs: KL Gold, SQ KF Gold, CX Green
Originally Posted by bensyd
I'm in Amsterdam this weekend for a buck's party and it's all been left to the last minute. My friend, who lives here, was supposed to be organising everything but he hasn't. Anyway, we need a restaurant for dinner tomorrow night. As it will involve 15-20 mid-20's guys letting their hair down we obviously don't want anything too quiet. Something like a bier cafe would be great or even just a big pizza place. Basically I need somewhere that is fairly cheap, and will keep the alcohol flowing
For such a group, you can't go wrong at the restaurants at Lange Leidsedwarsstraat (close to Leidseplein). This is where all the restaurants are that cater to groups like yours, and that are avoided like the plague by locals.

Originally Posted by bensyd
One other thing, is the queue for the Anne Frank museum always that long? Or is there something special on at the moment? I'd like to visit but I don't really want to stand in line for hours.
It is peak tourist season now so queues are likely to be long at most times. Later in the afternoon is often quieter, but do not expect to be alone.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by Sjoerd
For such a group, you can't go wrong at the restaurants at Lange Leidsedwarsstraat (close to Leidseplein). This is where all the restaurants are that cater to groups like yours, and that are avoided like the plague by locals.
Perfect, I'll check those out, only a 10 minute walk from where I am too! Keep us in one corner, it's probably better for everyone!!
Old Aug 12, 2010, 7:32 am

Programs: KLM, Thalys
Originally Posted by Sjoerd
It is peak tourist season now so queues are likely to be long at most times. Later in the afternoon is often quieter, but do not expect to be alone.
I live very close to the Anne Frank museum and even late afternoon is busy. I would say it is best (for crowded entrance) in the evening. Currently, they are open until 22:00 every day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.