Wiki Posts
Search

EY from YYZ

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2023, 1:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
EY from YYZ

I flew EY from YYZ to AUH. The check in was fairly organized and the staff helpful. But T3 compared to T1 is a disaster as many of you would know. The Premium Plaza Lounge was absolutely full but the food was good. I was slightly late for boarding and the Zone 2 had started but they got me through without having to queue up in Zone 2.

The 777s were old and to be honest not as comfortable as the EVA ones. The seat felt narrower and the foot rest too. The amenities were basic and no slippers or pyjamas at all. The food was so so and you do have to wait a long time to see a cabin crew unless you buzz them. The Business class lounge in AUH is nothing much to talk about but the staff was very helpful and friendly.
The 789 with the rear facing seat is something I do not like. Again though it is very new the seats felt narrower and much less privacy at all. I did ask a cabin crew a bit of help with the mattress and she just said open it and put it on top and just walked away without any help or waiting for any response. I have never seen this in business class on any other airline. The toilets were much smaller too.
I think that I would not fly them unless I have no other choices and to me BR is much better than EY.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 12:47 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
Thanks for the review! I am flying with them for the first time on the opposite route on the 777 as well ... AUH to Toronto. I'm also trying the 351 a few days prior flying into AUH.

Sadly I'll be transiting AUH just before EY switches to the new terminal. I will have to go back to see the new lounge!

I will share my experience after!
Davvidd likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2023, 3:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold
Seems like they have switched to 100% 777 on YYZ-AUH... wonder why? We flew the 787 both ways back in April.

We enjoyed the food - found it to be better ex-AUH. Love that steak sandwich and the french toast was good. Soup was also really good.
Old Oct 21, 2023, 5:56 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by mjrobson
Seems like they have switched to 100% 777 on YYZ-AUH... wonder why? We flew the 787 both ways back in April.

We enjoyed the food - found it to be better ex-AUH. Love that steak sandwich and the french toast was good. Soup was also really good.
Pure and simple...loads.
mjrobson likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2023, 5:44 am

Programs: EXP

The UAE-Canada bilateral was changed in April - allowing additional flights and removing the seat cap; hence EY went daily to YYZ and can use the T7.
mjrobson likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2023, 6:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold
Interesting! Thanks. Will the a350 swap in at some point when they get more of them or will they keep the 777s longer (were they not retiring them?). I believe the a350 is between the 787 and 777 in capacity.
Old Oct 23, 2023, 6:08 am

Programs: EXP
Interesting! Thanks. Will the a350 swap in at some point when they get more of them or will they keep the 777s longer (were they not retiring them?). I believe the a350 is between the 787 and 777 in capacity.
Last I read - and I don't think EY's orders are that transparent - is they have a further 15 A35K on order; I have also read that deliveries of the next batch may not commence until 2025 - that seems odd, considering the relative age of the T7s they're using / have reactivated.
So, long-winded way of saying the T7s will be around for some time, I suspect.
mjrobson likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 3:26 am

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
So I flew EY for the first time this week. Unfortunately, given the aircraft changes mentioned above our 2 EY flights got switched to 777s. Bummer.
The 777 is certainly dated, but I enjoyed the experience overall.

The food was surprisingly good. Both at the business class lounge (old terminal) and on board. It's certainly better than Air Canada food!

The staff was great too. As OP mentioned FAs are a bit hard to come by unless you buzz them or visit them in the galley, but they were always super friendly and helpful.

I would certainly fly EY again. Perhaps not on the 777 if I can avoid it, but I had a great experience overall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.