Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is Etihad JFK lounge open?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2023, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Is Etihad JFK lounge open?

Is the Etihad JFK business lounge open right now? Website says its closed. What lounge would they send me to?

Looking to travel from JFK to AUH in end of April.
Old Apr 16, 2023, 9:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by drivngwhisper
Is the Etihad JFK business lounge open right now? Website says its closed. What lounge would they send me to?

They've been using Air India Lounge since Feb 1. It's quite sad.
Old Apr 16, 2023, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Acid
They've been using Air India Lounge since Feb 1. It's quite sad.
Sad indeed. Thanks for confirming though!
Old Apr 23, 2023, 3:43 pm

No showers, food is horrible, insufficient seating… and you need to walk past the Emirates and Virgin lounges to get to it…

By choosing to use the Air India lounge (now for months), Etihad has continued to demonstrate a clear lack of judgement with regard to their highest value customers.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 7:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by R_J_OOO
No showers, food is horrible, insufficient seating… and you need to walk past the Emirates and Virgin lounges to get to it…

By choosing to use the Air India lounge (now for months), Etihad has continued to demonstrate a clear lack of judgement with regard to their highest value customers.
It's not just EY, the situation at T4 is bad for all airlines. EY had and still has its own lounge, they need to reopen it now that it's back to 2x a day
Old Apr 27, 2023, 7:01 pm

How’s ur experience? Any updates?

Sad indeed. Thanks for confirming though!
planning to fly in next couple days.. was hoping for any updates on this lounge issue?! Can’t believe Etihad can do this
is it still Air India?
when I asked their representative they didn’t say anything other than to say their lounge is still closed!
Old Jan 8, 2024, 3:15 pm
PS1

Etihad A380 returning to JFK on 04/22/2023. Hopefully the Etihad Lounge will reopen.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 1:15 pm

Programs: EXP
Interesting update from OMAAT - the former EY lounge @ JFK is to be a joint operation with Chase Sapphire; not clear precisely how that will work. Seems like there may be a similar operation @ IAD, at some point:

https://onemileatatime.com/news/chas...k-jfk-airport/
Old Jan 17, 2024, 6:56 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Embarrassing that they can't even operate their own lounge at what is arguably one of their most premium destinations (after LHR perhaps) even with 2 daily flights.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by S.R
Embarrassing that they can't even operate their own lounge at what is arguably one of their most premium destinations (after LHR perhaps) even with 2 daily flights.
My guess is that lounge space is at such a premium there that they felt it made sense to partner with Chase. Also, Chase seems to have the most premium lounge experience of the bank lounges in the US. A la carte food options, higher end alcohol brands, etc.

It probably will not be tested until the A380 starts up in a couple months, but My guess is that Etihad guests get top priority for access. If the lounge looks like it may be filling up with an EY departure coming up, they'll cut off access for the non-chase priority pass entries first (what Chase does at their Boston Lounge), then cut off the Chase entries so that Etihad guests can enter.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 10:54 am

Programs: EY Plat, Accor Plat
lets see, ill be going though it next month.. hopefully its nice.. cant be worse than air india..

AUH-JFK-LAS.. ive got 4 hours in between arriving and going to my B6 Mint flight.. might have to hang out in T4 in a lounge there and then head to t5 rather than twidle my thumbs... hopefully transfer between terminals isnt too bad.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 5:16 am

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, National Executive, Hilton Honors Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by kelix
lets see, ill be going though it next month.. hopefully its nice.. cant be worse than air india..

AUH-JFK-LAS.. ive got 4 hours in between arriving and going to my B6 Mint flight.. might have to hang out in T4 in a lounge there and then head to t5 rather than twidle my thumbs... hopefully transfer between terminals isnt too bad.
After you pass through immigration you should be allowed back into T4, even with a ticket for T5. The transfer between T4 and T5 is as painless as the connection between any two JFK terminals, but it still requires a ride on the AirTrain (or a confusing walk on sidewalks) and passing through security again. It might be worth it for four hours, as there's no lounge at all in T5, but you could also consider stopping by the TWA Hotel, which is connected to T5.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by LBBflyer
After you pass through immigration you should be allowed back into T4, even with a ticket for T5. The transfer between T4 and T5 is as painless as the connection between any two JFK terminals, but it still requires a ride on the AirTrain (or a confusing walk on sidewalks) and passing through security again. It might be worth it for four hours, as there's no lounge at all in T5, but you could also consider stopping by the TWA Hotel, which is connected to T5.
Thanks for the tip. Etihad lands in domestic in T4 as we have US immigration clearance here in the Abu Dhabi. Hopefully I can simply walk stright to the lounge in T4 for an hour or so then move on
Old Mar 7, 2024, 6:09 am

Programs: EXP
Originally Posted by kelix
Thanks for the tip. Etihad lands in domestic in T4 as we have US immigration clearance here in the Abu Dhabi. Hopefully I can simply walk stright to the lounge in T4 for an hour or so then move on
I believe that CBP in AUH is only open for the mid-morning departure flights, incidentally - unless that's changed very recently.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by uspurs
I believe that CBP in AUH is only open for the mid-morning departure flights, incidentally - unless that's changed very recently.
EY3 is a mid morning flight to JFK.

whats the procuedure these days? I check in in AUH terminal A then can go to the lounge and then get a bus to the old CBP facility like a remote gate bus?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.