Wiki Posts
Search

Etihad Guest Platinum - Best Feature?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2022, 12:33 pm
ASI
Original Poster

Etihad Guest Platinum - Best Feature?

Recently turned Platinum with Etihad Guest…I wondered what the best or most used feature was amongst other more seasoned members…?

Cheers…ASI
thibaultFR likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 5:14 pm

Programs: EY, VA, QR, QF, AF, ITA, VS
For me, it's the F lounge, the Economy Choice seats and the possibility to get upgraded automatically.
I was upgraded three times between Abu Dhabi and Sydney/Melbourne but never to Europe.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 11:41 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador
I agree, the 1st class lounge is fantastic and if you fly regularly out of AUH is a great benefit. Also, if you fly economy often being able to select an economy space seat for free is nice, saves some money and don't need to hope the algorithm allocates you one for free as Gold can do.

Being high up the list for upgrades is good, but there appears to be a secret tier higher than platinum that gets upgrade priority.

The other good bonus is the free Gold nomination, so you can gift that to your partner or someone else.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 3:10 am

Programs: EY Platinum
TBH the only benefits of Platinum that I've actually noticed are:
a) ability to get free Economy Space seats
b) a nice chat with a flight attendant when flying in Economy, sometimes with an early choice of food. When I fly in Business, flight attendants are blissfully unaware of my status

I've had 5 upgrades on 170 flights with Etihad so basically no noticeable impact on likelihood of being upgraded.
thibaultFR and Dogmatick like this.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 2:07 am

Programs: EY Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by csdf
TBH the only benefits of Platinum that I've actually noticed are:
a) ability to get free Economy Space seats
b) a nice chat with a flight attendant when flying in Economy, sometimes with an early choice of food. When I fly in Business, flight attendants are blissfully unaware of my status

I've had 5 upgrades on 170 flights with Etihad so basically no noticeable impact on likelihood of being upgraded.

I feel seen!
Old Dec 30, 2022, 6:37 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Letting mine lapse after ten years at top level, it's just not worth it for the sky high prices that they look to be continuing through all of next year. What point are the miles if you cannot use them, not a single F seat available ALL of next year LHR to AUH, haven't been upgraded in years, largely because there's no F mostly but also when there is they've downgraded J class to Y rather than bump forwards

That and the fact that all the correspondence goes to their Serbian call centre now who copy and paste the website as their responses, guess what am a ten year Elite member and fourteen years if including Gold before Elite turned up I know what the website says. Couldn't manage the flights this year as had Cancer and that made no difference to them so will just fly J with best pricing. I did however status Match with Qatar and linked that to my Diamond Accor so will retain Platinum with them, so most likely will shift to the Purple airline instead (Avios useful when living in London)

But in answer to your question, I loved the F lounge and they would call ahead when I arrived so that My Manhatten was waiting for me on the bar (Is when you know you fly too much, but I always tipped and no one else really does so perhaps that's an idea)
Spend the few bucks and use the lounge within a lounge in the F lounge, that is serious high end

Other than that they took everything else of any note away, chance of upgrade slim to nil as they've signed contracts with large companies guaranteeing their staff are upgraded when an F is empty etc so loyalty plays no part at all. You do earn loads of extra unusable miles too
thibaultFR likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 8:17 pm

Programs: EY, VA, QR, QF, AF, ITA, VS
I'd have to agree regarding miles redemptions on EY metal.
None available ex-Australia with the correct pricing for J.

However, many seats are available via Velocity or Aeroplan - which makes me wonder if I should just drop EY Guest and start building status with Velocity.
Currently near impossible to redeem my miles on VA flights with how full flights are and how few redemptions seats are available.
BlackTShirt likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 3:32 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by thibaultFR
I'd have to agree regarding miles redemptions on EY metal.
None available ex-Australia with the correct pricing for J.

However, many seats are available via Velocity or Aeroplan - which makes me wonder if I should just drop EY Guest and start building status with Velocity.
Currently near impossible to redeem my miles on VA flights with how full flights are and how few redemptions seats are available.
And every Airline is handing them out like absolute confetti, fully in the knowledge they cannot be used

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.