Wiki Posts
Search

Special meals - to preorder or not

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2022, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador & LT Titanium, UA Silver, AA PLT
Special meals - to preorder or not

Hey all - I am a vegetarian and flying 4 segments in EY J. I'm wondering if I should preorder the veggie meal, or roll the dice onboard. I've had bad experiences on other airlines, where the special meals were a major step down from what was available to order onboard. On the other hand, I don't want to end up in a position where there's nothing vegetarian left.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 3:19 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by newbiztraveler
Hey all - I am a vegetarian and flying 4 segments in EY J. I'm wondering if I should preorder the veggie meal, or roll the dice onboard. I've had bad experiences on other airlines, where the special meals were a major step down from what was available to order onboard. On the other hand, I don't want to end up in a position where there's nothing vegetarian left.
There's always a veggie option on the menu and they take orders from the back to the front so perhaps seat yourself somewhere appropriate
Old Sep 11, 2022, 3:22 pm
formerly rt23456p

Originally Posted by Dogmatick
There's always a veggie option on the menu and they take orders from the back to the front so perhaps seat yourself somewhere appropriate
A better way instead might be to inform one of the FA kindly about the vegan need during boarding kindly, and they should be able to help you secure it before anyone else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.