Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Abu Dhabi stopover with free hotel stay in 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2021, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Till the end of this year, Etihad grants up to two-night complimentary hotel stays for all travelers with a stopover in Abu Dhabi. Details here: https://www.etihad.com/en/abu-dhabi/stopover#conditions

Any word yet on whether this promotion will be extended to 2022? I’m flying in Mar with a 6-night stopover in Abu Dhabi. A complimentary two-night hotel stay would be great!
Old Nov 26, 2021, 1:38 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
I would be extremely surprised if it wasn't to be, the tourism relies on it to keep people local and not scooting off to Dubai
Old Nov 24, 2022, 7:07 pm

Guys - Trying JFK-AUH-BOM. When I do a multi-city booking on Etihad, it turns out to be much more expensive than a regular booking without stopover. This defeats the purpose of the stopover on us program for 1-2 hotel nights. Any workaround on this? I'll be flying coach and the stopover will help just get some rest and perhaps do some shopping in Abu Dhabi but not if I have to pay a few hundred bucks more in Dec

Also is it possible to do a 1-way stopover but return without a stopover?

Thanks
Old Nov 26, 2022, 6:23 pm

Anybody?
Old Dec 9, 2022, 6:09 pm

Booking made but not easy

I have a stopover planned for early January. Entered my details on the stopover on us site and was only given the premier inn at the airport(paid, not free). Then tried Best of Abu Dhabi and the site said I had an invalid PNR. (Apparently due to system upgrade) Contacted the team at Etihad holidays and they provided me with 2 options Eastern Mangrove or the Hyatt. The latter didn’t include breakfast due to “lack of availability” (!). Opted for the Eastern Mangrove as it did include breakfast and was cheaper. They then sent a link which was for payment. Said link was only active for 2-3 hours and I didn’t catch it in time. Mailed them and they responded promptly. Paid. Contacted the hotel to inform them of my arrival time, had a bit of back and forth regarding early check in/late check out but all settled now. Overall, not the smoothest process but glad I have got something. I’d be curious to know of anyone else’s experience and if it was similar to mine.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 8:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by peter10
I have a stopover planned for early January. Entered my details on the stopover on us site and was only given the premier inn at the airport(paid, not free). Then tried Best of Abu Dhabi and the site said I had an invalid PNR. (Apparently due to system upgrade) Contacted the team at Etihad holidays and they provided me with 2 options Eastern Mangrove or the Hyatt. The latter didn’t include breakfast due to “lack of availability” (!). Opted for the Eastern Mangrove as it did include breakfast and was cheaper. They then sent a link which was for payment. Said link was only active for 2-3 hours and I didn’t catch it in time. Mailed them and they responded promptly. Paid. Contacted the hotel to inform them of my arrival time, had a bit of back and forth regarding early check in/late check out but all settled now. Overall, not the smoothest process but glad I have got something. I’d be curious to know of anyone else’s experience and if it was similar to mine.
If your PNR qualifies, the site will show price for Premier Inn but on last page it shows coupon applied for the full amount including taxes. I was able to book last week - though few days later the booking was cancelled as ticket was not issued on EY stock
Old Dec 9, 2022, 9:49 pm

I just tried that and you’re right. I never took it to the final stage. Zero dollars. Still I’m not sure whether I’d like to be stuck at the airport even if it is free. I think I’ll keep checking to see if anything else comes up. Thanks for the tip though.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 2:17 pm

The Etihad Website is not good:

I wanted to book Transit Connect for February 2023, but after entering the booking number and my last name and click on "Check Hotel Availability", I always got the message: "Please check your details and try again." (I met all booking conditions.)

So I send an E-Mail to Etihad Holidays and they booked the Hotel (Premiere Inn at the Airport) for me.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Dec 12, 2022 at 6:23 pm Reason: Remove size tags
Old Dec 12, 2022, 6:17 pm

Seems like there are a lot of problems with the website. I wonder if the correct availability is showing up their end. Reports so far suggest only the Premier Inn being offered.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by peter10
I just tried that and you’re right. I never took it to the final stage. Zero dollars. Still I’m not sure whether I’d like to be stuck at the airport even if it is free. I think I’ll keep checking to see if anything else comes up. Thanks for the tip though.

Premier Inn is landside, after immigration across the terminal. It's easier to dump the bag there(if you have one) and head out to explore city if you want. They have some free shuttles. Since this is meant for a short layover, I prefer premier inn.

I think there is another option to book discounted hotels if you have a longer stopover.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by Acid
Premier Inn is landside, after immigration across the terminal. It's easier to dump the bag there(if you have one) and head out to explore city if you want. They have some free shuttles. Since this is meant for a short layover, I prefer premier inn.

I think there is another option to book discounted hotels if you have a longer stopover.
I’ll do a 2 night 3 day stopover. First time in Abu Dhabi. Planning some relaxation by the pool and light cultural activities before heading back to a cold Tokyo.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Acid
If your PNR qualifies, the site will show price for Premier Inn but on last page it shows coupon applied for the full amount including taxes. I was able to book last week - though few days later the booking was cancelled as ticket was not issued on EY stock
Does it have to be issued on EY stock?
Old Dec 26, 2022, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by MarkP24
Does it have to be issued on EY stock?
yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.