Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airport taxi AUH-DXB no longer allowed?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2021, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Airport taxi AUH-DXB no longer allowed?

As of last week I could avoid the AUH quarantine by taking an airport taxi from AUH-Dubai. Now it seems that the rules have changed and the only options are Etihad Chauffeur or Etihad Coach. I would not be looking forward to going from an F suite to a bus. When I try to book the Chauffeur online, it gives an error (even if I'm willing to pay). The error is "offerCalculationFailed". Have they really removed the option to take an airport taxi?
"
Old Aug 18, 2021, 8:45 am

Programs: EY Gold
From the below it looks like the taxi option has been reinstated, yes it was removed for a time.

https://www.etihad.com/en-gb/travel-...-travel-guides

One needs a PNR to book the chauffer service, I assume you have one you can input?

Zac.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ZacZolar
From the below it looks like the taxi option has been reinstated, yes it was removed for a time.

https://www.etihad.com/en-gb/travel-...-travel-guides

One needs a PNR to book the chauffer service, I assume you have one you can input?

Zac.
On that site the airport taxi is still removed. My PNR does not work for the chauffeur because it is booked with miles.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 9:35 am

My tix was booked with miles and I availed of the chauffer service.

From the Etihad AUH > DXB website: "Abu Dhabi. Taxis are in operation between Dubai and Abu Dhabi airport."

Zac.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ZacZolar
My tix was booked with miles and I availed of the chauffer service.

From the Etihad AUH > DXB website: "Abu Dhabi. Taxis are in operation between Dubai and Abu Dhabi airport."

Zac.
Please let me know how you availed yourself of the service. It will not allow me to do it and they told me on the phone it would not be possible (not to mention all of the threads on here that say it is impossible). Also, yes, the taxis are operating, but that doesn't mean you are allowed to use them to avoid quarantine in Abu Dhabi. I would love to get confirmation that you are.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by aviators99
Please let me know how you availed yourself of the service. It will not allow me to do it and they told me on the phone it would not be possible (not to mention all of the threads on here that say it is impossible). Also, yes, the taxis are operating, but that doesn't mean you are allowed to use them to avoid quarantine in Abu Dhabi. I would love to get confirmation that you are.
I inputted my details (including the PNR) into the form fields and when I got the end it generated me a PDF chauffer voucher. My ticket was paid for entirely with Guest Miles.

The line about taxis has been added back in the last few days after being missing for a while. Someone also mentioned to me they had rung EY and confirmed it was now permissable, but I agree it needs checking rather than rely on anecdotal information.

Zac.

Last edited by ZacZolar; Aug 18, 2021 at 10:06 am
Old Aug 23, 2021, 6:24 am

If you’re EY Plat or Gold travelling on an EY-issued redemption ticket in F or J, then you can use the Chauffeur. However, if you’re (i) not EY Plat or Gold, or (ii) travelling on a redemption ticket not issued by EY, then you won’t be able to use the Chauffeur.

This is what the EY website now says on DXB-AUH:
I’m travelling to Dubai as soon as my flight lands in Abu Dhabi, do I need to quarantine?

No, you will not be required to quarantine if you’re travelling straight to Dubai. You are permitted to travel to Dubai or any northern emirate by Etihad Chauffeur, *Airport Taxi or Etihad Coach only.

*Airport Taxi is not applicable to guests arriving from Kenya, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt and Turkey when travelling on a visit visa issued by a northern emirate.

If you are travelling to Abu Dhabi airport from Dubai, you can use any form of transport. You must have a negative COVID-19 PCR test result valid within 48 hours to enter Abu Dhabi from Dubai.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.