Wiki Posts
Search

First Time Flyer on Etihad

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2021, 10:44 am
Original Poster

First Time Flyer on Etihad

Hello,

Just looking at possibly booking some flights through Aeroplan...never flown Etihad and just had a few questions:

- Personal recommendations on Etihad when comparing to other airlines. ie. Qatar
- There seems to be so many changes happening in the airline world and I know Qatar cut lounge access out when using a low fare ticket or reward ticket ( or so I understand? ) Any issues here with Etihad using a reward ticket.
- I am thinking of flying out of ORD with a stop over then off to BKK - Will I have full lounge access at ORD and Abu Dhabi.
- Is the transfer process easy in Abu Dhabi for CAD citizens
- Anything else you can share or I need to be aware of would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old Mar 31, 2021, 5:15 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Transfer should be fine so long as you don't intend to leave the airport and reports from others suggest the AUH lounge is open, however I cannot comment on the one at ORD sorry
Oh and EY hasn't implemented any fare based lounge restrictions as yet
Old Mar 31, 2021, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dogmatick
Transfer should be fine so long as you don't intend to leave the airport and reports from others suggest the AUH lounge is open, however I cannot comment on the one at ORD sorry
Oh and EY hasn't implemented any fare based lounge restrictions as yet
Thanks very much for the info! Appreciated.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 1:25 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
You will have full lounge access. Just remember ORD T5 is a Third World terminal, so expect Third World facilities like windowless Swissport Lounge or mediocre AF lounge (I do not recall which one EY uses). In BKK it was (pre-COVID) Miracle Lounge (there were a few of them, you could use any, IMHO the best one was in concourse D - invitation was issued at check-in).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.