Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Used miles to upgrade but miles still appear in my account

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Used miles to upgrade but miles still appear in my account

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2020, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad and Turkish Airlines
Question Used miles to upgrade but miles still appear in my account

Hi everyone,

Long time reader, first time posting. I'll try to keep it short and simple.
  • I had some miles expiring (haven't flown with Etihad since June 18)
  • Booked an economy ticket with Etihad and upgraded to business using their online platform
  • Received confirmation, updated itinerary, e-receipt (all confirming that my booking is now in business) and when I go online to "manage my booking", it confirms (everywhere I can see) that the cabin is business, my status is "ok to fly" and "confirmed" etc.
  • 4 weeks later, I received my monthly miles statement email and saw that no transactions had occurred
  • I logged in online and saw that my miles are still in my account and my booking is still confirmed to be in business
Question:
  • Has anyone upgraded using the online platform and experienced same if not similar issues? If so, how did you get it resolved?
My concern is later down the track, once my miles have expired and Etihad realises that the transaction had not been completed - they may not honour the upgrade.

Let me know if you have any questions and thanks!
Old Apr 16, 2020, 12:11 pm
Company Representative, Etihad

Hi there, please send us your Etihad Guest number and Etihad booking reference via any of our Social Media channels such as Facebook or Twitter and we'll be happy to look into this for you. Thanks *Vio

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.