Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Transit in AUH, access to F lounge, and preclearance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2020, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plat

I will be flying MLE-AUH-JFK in F on an A380. Some questions:

1. Can I access the AUH F lounge before I have to go to US Preclearance? Or is this a like trying to access the Concorde Room in T5 at LHR when you a have a connecting flight out of T3 (i.e., they won't let you access T5 if your flight is out of T3).

2. Do I have to get my bags in AUH to go through pre-clearance? Or do they automatically transfer?

3. Is the F lounge open 24-hours?
Old Jan 26, 2020, 7:02 am

Programs: EY Gold
Hi tacostuff,

I can't answer your second question definitively, but as for the others--the F lounge is open 24 hours, and you will certainly have access to the lounge during transit, time permitting. You will need to get to USA preclearance well before the JFK flight departs; the lounge staff can tell you exact timing. There is a small lounge after preclearance but it's not anywhere near as nice as the F lounge. Hope this helps!
Old Feb 26, 2020, 2:17 pm

To add what he said (and providing you extra confirmation), they will say you have to go through pre-clearance much earlier than you actually need to. My flight was 1.5 years ago, but I remember them telling me I absolutely had to leave the first class lounge by x time. I pushed for extra time so that I could shower, and I didn't leave until ~20 minutes after they intially said I had to leave by and I still ended up waiting in the pre-clearance lounge for like 30 minutes (which is terrible because it is so crowded, couldn't even sit). I had global entry, but I also had SSSS too and that slowed me a little.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 8:52 am

Programs: DL PM, CO PE
I'm curious if anyone has updated information on the amount of time it takes to get from the F lounge in AUH to the pre-clearance area and through pre-clearance.

I'm flying CAI-AUH-JFK in 2024 - where the AUH-JFK leg is in F on the A380. I'd like to maximize my time in the AUH F lounge (as the pre-clearance lounge sounds awful).

(if it matters, there are two of us - I have GlobaL Entry but my companion doesn't - we typically use the CBP MPC app.)

Thanks!
Old Dec 19, 2023, 4:28 pm

Programs: EXP
Originally Posted by thomj001
I'm curious if anyone has updated information on the amount of time it takes to get from the F lounge in AUH to the pre-clearance area and through pre-clearance.

I'm flying CAI-AUH-JFK in 2024 - where the AUH-JFK leg is in F on the A380. I'd like to maximize my time in the AUH F lounge (as the pre-clearance lounge sounds awful).

(if it matters, there are two of us - I have GlobaL Entry but my companion doesn't - we typically use the CBP MPC app.)

Thanks!
Can't help with the timing, but I didn't think that AUH CBP was yet MPC enabled - could've changed since I last went through, of course.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 11:49 pm

Programs: EY Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by uspurs
Can't help with the timing, but I didn't think that AUH CBP was yet MPC enabled - could've changed since I last went through, of course.
MPC is not enabld for AUH
Old Mar 12, 2024, 5:57 am

Programs: EXP
Originally Posted by kelix
MPC is not enabld for AUH
Good to know, thanks!
Old Mar 17, 2024, 4:36 am

I am interested if anyone has recent datapoints regarding accessing the F-lounge prior to going to US preclearance (AUH IAD flight).
I have 3 hours at AUH and want to maximize the time at the F-lounge.
I do have global entry.

Any thoughts appreciated.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 10:33 am

Programs: EY Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by ft4lyf
I am interested if anyone has recent datapoints regarding accessing the F-lounge prior to going to US preclearance (AUH IAD flight).
I do have global entry.

75 minuts prior to departure you need to get to the bus to get to CBP if its a CBP departure
Old Mar 17, 2024, 11:08 am

Programs: Basement Lurker Club
I do have global entry.

you can access it prior to the 2 hour mark before you need to take a bus over to the old terminal for pre clearance.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 6:56 pm

Thank you @hessinger and @kelix
i am hopeful to have enough time for a shower before heading to pre-clearance terminal.

Thank you also for pointing out there is a bus transfer!
Old Mar 26, 2024, 5:05 am

Thank you @hessinger and @kelix
i am hopeful to have enough time for a shower before heading to pre-clearance terminal.

Thank you also for pointing out there is a bus transfer!
The transfer was quite easy.
i did leave the F-lounge 2 hours prior to departure time of the USA flight.
It took me a total of 30 minutes to get this done (walk from lounge to bus gate; wait for the bus; bus ride (10 minute ride); security check and immigration).
The premium lounge in the USA terminal was basic but fine for the short wait.

First class lounge - food / coffee etc was fine; (there were very few people in the lounge).
i waited about 15 minutes for a shower stall to open.
Dental kits were NOT available (per the attendant).!!
Shower stall itself was fine and spacious.

Note - the FC lounge only has USB slots or UK/UAE plugs. You will need an adapter if none of these options work.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 12:53 pm
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
I would have a question whether I can access the First Class Lounge arriving in EY F with a connection on a separate booking in EY business class?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.