Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Etihad A380 from MLE via AUH to JFK?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2019, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Etihad A380 from MLE via AUH to JFK?

Does Etihad every fly the A380 from MLE via AUH to JFK, where the AUH to JFK segment is on the A380 (the MLE to AUH will be on other aircraft).

I've been checking and it seems no matter which dates I choose, they do not fly the A380 in that direction (the reverse JFK to AUH, they do).

Is there a way to find out which aircraft are on which routes?

We could fly into pretty much any east-coast city.

Last edited by luv2vacay; Apr 9, 2019 at 9:20 am
Old Apr 9, 2019, 9:11 am

The A380 never goes to MLE in either direction. The airport can’t support it. They fly the A380 between AUH and JFK daily though in both directions.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 9:12 am

It looks like the biggest plane they fly to MLE is an A330. You can do an A380 on the AUH-JFK leg.

Just use Google Flights to find what they fly and when. The only A380 destination on Etihad in the US is JFK as far as I know.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Sorry for the confusion, I'll edit the original post.

What I meant, but didn't say clearly was:

MLE to JFK via AUH
where the AUH to JFK segment is on the A380

What's weird is that the Etihad Route Map says it operates A380 on a bunch of days.
But when you go to the actual Etihad booking site, there are NO A380 flights at all from that direction
They're all Etihad to AUH and then AUH to DUB and DUB to JFK via Aer Lingus.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 9:32 am
Original Poster

ah, so I *think* I found the issue:

While there are AUH to JFK flights on the A-380, it seems to be the MLE to AUH segment that "misses" the connection, and as such, you get re-routed on Partners via Dublin.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Both flights from Male arrive into Abu Dhabi late at night whereas the JFK flight leaves Abu Dhabi at 10am. The Etihad site assumes you'd rather not spend the night in the airport, but rather take the overnight flight to Dublin and continue to JFK. If you just search Abu Dhabi to JFK the A380 flight appears.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum
Originally Posted by ajeleonard
Both flights from Male arrive into Abu Dhabi late at night whereas the JFK flight leaves Abu Dhabi at 10am. The Etihad site assumes you'd rather not spend the night in the airport, but rather take the overnight flight to Dublin and continue to JFK. If you just search Abu Dhabi to JFK the A380 flight appears.
If you try and book using the stopover/multi city option and set EY101 departure as next day you can get the itinerary you want. Classed as a single PNR too.

May be worth calling to see if an Agent could book for you at a better price.
luv2vacay likes this.

Last edited by JayCee1966; Apr 9, 2019 at 10:10 am
Old Apr 10, 2019, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Thanks! I forgot about multi-city option (like what you have to do with Southwest when flying from east coast to Hawaii or something).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.