Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to reinstate expired Guest miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2018, 2:35 am
Original Poster

So, the mileage in my Etihad Guest account was set to expire 10/31. I received emails reminding me of this, stating that redemption needed to be made by 11:30pm GST. For some reason, I misread that at GMT. I called Etihad Guest on 10/31 thinking I had 1 hour to redeem (based on GMT), but it was already 11/1 in GST, so my account was zero by the time I made the call. I emailed Etihad Guest asking if they could reinstate due to my confusion regarding the time zone (I am US based), but they weren't very helpful.

Can anyone advise me on what I can try to get the miles reinstated? Has anyone had success previously?
It's about 65k miles in question.

Thank you!
Old Nov 13, 2018, 6:46 am

Tbh, I'd be very surprised if they are flexible on this. If you happen to fly them a ton, you might stand a chance - but based on 65k miles expiring, I'm guessing that you don't?

Hope it gets sorted, but can't see any reason why they would.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 6:02 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Try calling the Manchester number, they seem to be the most helpful.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 6:02 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Recondite
Tbh, I'd be very surprised if they are flexible on this. If you happen to fly them a ton, you might stand a chance - but based on 65k miles expiring, I'm guessing that you don't?
Not necessarily, could just be the expiring ones

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.