Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

The decline continues----now we lose the Manchester lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2018, 3:16 am
Tel
Original Poster

Programs: old,FB gold,BMI silver,QR Gold,HH Gold.SPG Gold BA Silver

The Manchester lounge is now renamed 1903 and is not exclusive to Etihad
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:09 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum
Really?

Hi Tel

Please expand on your disturbing news..

Just checked the MAN website and their lounge offerings do show 1903 available in T1 but not the Aspire Lounge any longer - pictures of the 1903 website show a considerably larger area than the EY lounge occupied and looks a bit like the Aspire offering.

Please do tell where you got the information from... Hopefully Aspire is now 1903 and EY lounge is still open.

Originally Posted by Tel
The Manchester lounge is now renamed 1903 and is not exclusive to Etihad
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:13 am

Looks like It's true :(

Sorry for doubting you Tel

Now checked the EY website and they are showing 1903 as the lounge in MAN - very sudden and sad news. No mention of it when i flew out of there in July.

Originally Posted by JayCee1966
Hi Tel

Please expand on your disturbing news..

Just checked the MAN website and their lounge offerings do show 1903 available in T1 but not the Aspire Lounge any longer - pictures of the 1903 website show a considerably larger area than the EY lounge occupied and looks a bit like the Aspire offering.

Please do tell where you got the information from... Hopefully Aspire is now 1903 and EY lounge is still open.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 5:51 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
A real downgrade for people flying from MAN.

I was in there a couple of weeks ago. No mention of closure at the time.

Things are really going downhill if they are closing lounges. Will other outstation lounges follow?
Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:00 am
Tel
Original Poster

Programs: old,FB gold,BMI silver,QR Gold,HH Gold.SPG Gold BA Silver
Now manned by Man Airport staff , all the Etihad girls have gone. Even the internal departure board shows all T1 flights instead of the one EY
Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:11 am

What's that ker-ching sound I just heard?

probably someone in McKinseys bonus just landing.
NoY, Reds2011, Recondite and 3 others like this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by Tel
Now manned by Man Airport staff , all the Etihad girls have gone. Even the internal departure board shows all T1 flights instead of the one EY
Tel, is the location the same i.e. past the Emirates lounge or has it moved to just after the stairs on the right - opposite the Escape lounge?

Looking at the T&Cs for 1903 are pretty draconian, see here. They don't allow groups of 4 or more, there's a strict dress code, 2 hour time limit with restrictions/additional charges and no one under 16.

They have restricted opening hours and closed 25th December.
Morning - 4.30am - 8.30am / Evening - 4.30pm - 8.30pm

What happens if EY16 or EY22 flights are delayed - as often happens? Get turfed out?

This could be problematic for EY business class passengers and Gold/Platinum EY Guest members who should get access without a booking by virtue of their ticket/status. Maybe there are exceptions for EY passengers - but I'll bet EY management didn't check the small print before signing off on this! No mention of Halal meals or prayer rooms on the 1903 website either.

Price to book is £45 which is more expensive than what EY were offering to access their lounge!

This will also stop you getting seat changes etc in the lounge as no EY staff on hand

Doesn't appear to be a positive move but no doubt this is an enhancement that we asked for! Also no surprise but no message/communication for my upcoming Oct flight.
-----
T&C Highlights:
2. Groups of more than 4
2.1. Groups larger than 4 are not permitted in the 1903 Lounge, whether booked together or separately.
2.2 Multiple separate bookings made forming a group will result in access to the Lounge being denied and no refunds will be given.

3. Children
3.1. Our 1903 lounges are designed to provide a quiet and relaxing environment for our guests and are an adult-only location. Guests must be 16 years of age or older to enter.

5. Arrival/Departure
5.1. Your Booking entitles you to a single visit in the 1903 Lounge of up to 2 hours, from the booked time of arrival at the Lounge.
5.2. The Facilities are available from the actual time reserved in your Booking and are subject to availability.
5.3. If a flight is delayed and you wish to remain in the Lounge, subject to availability in the lounge you may be able to stay and will be required to pay an additional Entry Price. If there is insufficient capacity for us to offer this option we will have the authority to request you leave the Lounge.
5.4. To ensure that we provide the highest levels of service, we reserve the right to refuse entry to any person, at any time, for any reason deemed appropriate by us, including (but not exclusively):
5.4.1. Lounge capacity limitations
7.8. You must not remove any food or drink provided for guests for consumption within the lounge from the lounge. Any attempt to do so will be deemed theft and will be referred to the police for further action. This may result in boarding being denied and in prosecution. - does that include bottled water?
Old Sep 5, 2018, 8:36 am

They have a Facebook page and the pictures show views of the lounge - same decor and fixtures as the EY lounge... It'll be interesting to see what the service etc. is like.
https://www.facebook.com/1903loungeM..._g&__tn__=HH-R
Old Sep 5, 2018, 8:37 am

Tel, is the location the same i.e. past the Emirates lounge or has it moved to just after the stairs on the right - opposite the Escape lounge?

Looking at the T&Cs for 1903 are pretty draconian, see here. They don't allow groups of 4 or more, there's a strict dress code, 2 hour time limit with restrictions/additional charges and no one under 16.

They have restricted opening hours and closed 25th December.
Morning - 4.30am - 8.30am / Evening - 4.30pm - 8.30pm

What happens if EY16 or EY22 flights are delayed - as often happens? Get turfed out?

This could be problematic for EY business class passengers and Gold/Platinum EY Guest members who should get access without a booking by virtue of their ticket/status. Maybe there are exceptions for EY passengers - but I'll bet EY management didn't check the small print before signing off on this! No mention of Halal meals or prayer rooms on the 1903 website either.

Price to book is £45 which is more expensive than what EY were offering to access their lounge!

This will also stop you getting seat changes etc in the lounge as no EY staff on hand

Doesn't appear to be a positive move but no doubt this is an enhancement that we asked for! Also no surprise but no message/communication for my upcoming Oct flight.
-----
T&C Highlights:
2. Groups of more than 4
2.1. Groups larger than 4 are not permitted in the 1903 Lounge, whether booked together or separately.
2.2 Multiple separate bookings made forming a group will result in access to the Lounge being denied and no refunds will be given.

3. Children
3.1. Our 1903 lounges are designed to provide a quiet and relaxing environment for our guests and are an adult-only location. Guests must be 16 years of age or older to enter.

5. Arrival/Departure
5.1. Your Booking entitles you to a single visit in the 1903 Lounge of up to 2 hours, from the booked time of arrival at the Lounge.
5.2. The Facilities are available from the actual time reserved in your Booking and are subject to availability.
5.3. If a flight is delayed and you wish to remain in the Lounge, subject to availability in the lounge you may be able to stay and will be required to pay an additional Entry Price. If there is insufficient capacity for us to offer this option we will have the authority to request you leave the Lounge.
5.4. To ensure that we provide the highest levels of service, we reserve the right to refuse entry to any person, at any time, for any reason deemed appropriate by us, including (but not exclusively):
5.4.1. Lounge capacity limitations
7.8. You must not remove any food or drink provided for guests for consumption within the lounge from the lounge. Any attempt to do so will be deemed theft and will be referred to the police for further action. This may result in boarding being denied and in prosecution. - does that include bottled water?
No kids. I normally fly with my 9 year old, who is also gold. Looks like he won't be allowed in.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 8:41 am

They have a Facebook page and the pictures show views of the lounge - same decor and fixtures as the EY lounge... It'll be interesting to see what the service etc. is like.
https://www.facebook.com/1903loungeM..._g&__tn__=HH-R
Bearing in mind EY could often fill this space with their 28/40 J Pax as well as Gold and Platinum EY Guest members doesn't leave much room for paying 1903 passengers!! There may be trouble ahead!!
Old Sep 5, 2018, 8:50 am

They have a Facebook page and the pictures show views of the lounge - same decor and fixtures as the EY lounge...
That is the EY lounge in the picture.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by eddibabyyeah
That is the EY lounge in the picture.
Looks like they are not spending anything on the refurbishment everything looks the same just no branding. 1 photo shows signs for a Prayer room and Family room that'll change!
Old Sep 5, 2018, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by Dubh
What's that ker-ching sound I just heard?

probably someone in McKinseys bonus just landing.
LOL, looking at the Facebook page for the "new" lounge EY just sold it to them as is.
EYrevanchist likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:04 pm

Programs: EY
I'm perplexed by the no groups of four or more, even if booked separately. I often travel with a group of ten on various confirmations, all of a visible minority group speaking the same foreign language + English of course. Do we all need to strategically enter 5 minutes apart and avoid sitting with each other? Ridiculous.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:35 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by xobile
I'm perplexed by the no groups of four or more, even if booked separately. I often travel with a group of ten on various confirmations, all of a visible minority group speaking the same foreign language + English of course. Do we all need to strategically enter 5 minutes apart and avoid sitting with each other? Ridiculous.
It's too avoid hen/stag party bookings. MAN T1 is used by a few LCCs that fly to places like AMS, PRG, AGP that have a reputation for "high spirited" clientele

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.