Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR More cutbacks? Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2018, 10:20 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by BOStonTravels
I wish that the company could get some expert consultation (perhaps they already are hopefully) because they have been tremendous innovators and used to offer such a stellar product. I remember my first visit to the IAD lounge when it opened, it was just spectacular.
They have got “expert” consultants in - unfortunately - and they are clueless. More wasted cash
Old Aug 5, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: TK Elite (*G), ITA Executive, WY Silver, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by NoY
They have got “expert” consultants in - unfortunately - and they are clueless. More wasted cash
Hiring a CEO with common sense does wonders, it is only when external help is brought in to fulfil the job of the CEO!!! that issues arrive.
BOStonTravels likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 11:06 am
Suspended

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by NoY
So unfortunate!
NoY and EYrevanchist like this.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 11:08 pm

Programs: EY Platinum
McKinsey?
EYrevanchist likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by csdf
McKinsey?
Precisely
Old Aug 6, 2018, 5:08 am

Anyone get the survey email last week with a subject line like "Luggage Tags"? It seemed to be badly named, but part of it was how important exclusive luggage tags are. The last page was a "what can we do better to improve"....so I gave both barrels.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 5:14 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum
Me too

Originally Posted by Dubh
Anyone get the survey email last week with a subject line like "Luggage Tags"? It seemed to be badly named, but part of it was how important exclusive luggage tags are. The last page was a "what can we do better to improve"....so I gave both barrels.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 5:55 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cssaus
Doing a SYD-AUH-LHR return trip on EY next month.

Given the noticeable downgrading of service in the past year or so, I had come to the conclusion that this would be my last trip on EY and next year will either do SQ to London return or go via HKG with VA and VS.

Sad really, at its peak, EY offered really great service both in the air and on the ground.
Just flew EY return to CAI with the SYD-AUH-SYD sectors in F. Other than the change of Champagne and lack of limos, the service has improved.

Caviar in F, they've announced new amenity kits soon....

I wouldn't be flying VA over EY ever.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 10:32 pm

Programs: EY Platinum
Originally Posted by Dubh
Me too. I have no idea why it was so fixated on luggage tags. The ones they currently send don't have your name on, so serve no purpose other than to show off your status. The whole point of a luggage tag is to help in identifying your bag.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 1:04 pm

Just heard the lounge will close in September. Second hand news so I can't be certain, but the source appears to have inside knowledge.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 9:31 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by ft101
Just heard the lounge will close in September. Second hand news so I can't be certain, but the source appears to have inside knowledge.
If true, that is a huge surprise & surely spells out the future of the other dedicated EY lounges. Still find it hard to believe though
flightcrew1 and EYrevanchist like this.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 10:35 pm

LAX lounge X.X
Old Aug 8, 2018, 10:57 pm

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
I just can’t see it. So they’re saying guests in First and The Residence would have to use a third party lounge?
Old Aug 9, 2018, 2:42 am

Programs: EY Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by tom139
I just can’t see it. So they’re saying guests in First and The Residence would have to use a third party lounge?
yea i don't buy it either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.