Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

FREE one night stopover Biz class question--

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2018, 11:08 am
Original Poster

I have a potential flight JNB>AUH>ZRH with a 20 hour layover in AUH. The JNB leg lands in AUH at 5:55 a.m. and the ZRH leg doesn't depart until 2 a.m. the following day.

Under the T&C of the "one night free stopover" for Business pax, how is the check-in and check-out procedure handled, in terms of time? Once I disembark the aircraft and clear immigration (and, I assume, obtain a transit visa). would I have to wait in the hotel lobby until normal check-in time of say, 2 or 3 p.m., only to get a few hours of sleep, and then leave the hotel to catch the ZRH leg? Or is the "one free night" stopover really any <24 hour hotel stay?

Thanks.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 11:45 am

Programs: EY Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by elizadoo
I have a potential flight JNB>AUH>ZRH with a 20 hour layover in AUH. The JNB leg lands in AUH at 5:55 a.m. and the ZRH leg doesn't depart until 2 a.m. the following day.

Under the T&C of the "one night free stopover" for Business pax, how is the check-in and check-out procedure handled, in terms of time? Once I disembark the aircraft and clear immigration (and, I assume, obtain a transit visa). would I have to wait in the hotel lobby until normal check-in time of say, 2 or 3 p.m., only to get a few hours of sleep, and then leave the hotel to catch the ZRH leg? Or is the "one free night" stopover really any <24 hour hotel stay?

Thanks.
im pretty sure youll be able to check in. most transit deals between hotels and airlines cater for this flexibility. hit up the twitter team if you use twitter, they're pretty proactive and can give you a definitive answer.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 12:36 pm
hsk

Programs: *A, OW, Hyatt, Marriott
In my experience it's 24 hours from checking. Normal check-in, check-out times dont apply.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: FB Blue, BA EC Blue, HH, Etihad Silver
I agree with hsk. But I am wondering if you will get your free hotel. Some weeks ago I tried to book the chauffeur service in AUH for a 19 hour stopover and I was told by Etihad that I wasn't entitled to the chauffeur service, because it was less than 24 hours and therefor a transit and not a stopover. I tried 3 different agents, but no success.

Interested to hear if you manage to book a free hotel.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 6:05 am

Programs: QF,OZ,AC,VB,BA,SQ, EY, QR
Have a similar question, as the EY agents are a little unclear.

One transit is 9hr and one is 15hr.

Travelling J class.

I was told that greater than 8hr I am entitled to a hotel each way.

Anyone able to clarify with recent experience?
Old Sep 5, 2019, 12:44 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum
Originally Posted by kelix
im pretty sure youll be able to check in. most transit deals between hotels and airlines cater for this flexibility. hit up the twitter team if you use twitter, they're pretty proactive and can give you a definitive answer.
Originally Posted by hsk
In my experience it's 24 hours from checking. Normal check-in, check-out times dont apply.
Resurrecting this thread as I'm planning a trip with a stopover.

Anyone know which hotels on the list do and don't offer 24 hour checkin?
I'm assuming transfers to and from the hotel will be via EY Chauffeur, can anyone confirm this?
Lastly are there Blackout dates for the premium stopover like the regular 2 day Y stopover?

Anantara Eastern Mangroves Hotel and Spa
Intercontinental Abu Dhabi
Jumeirah at Etihad Towers
Rosewood Abu Dhabi
Shangri-La Qaryat Al Beri
The Ritz Carlton Abu Dhabi Grand Canal
The St. Regis Abu Dhabi
Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi

TIA
Old Sep 9, 2019, 12:25 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum
Originally Posted by JayCee1966
Resurrecting this thread as I'm planning a trip with a stopover.

Anyone know which hotels on the list do and don't offer 24 hour checkin?
I'm assuming transfers to and from the hotel will be via EY Chauffeur, can anyone confirm this?
Lastly are there Blackout dates for the premium stopover like the regular 2 day Y stopover?

Anantara Eastern Mangroves Hotel and Spa
Intercontinental Abu Dhabi
Jumeirah at Etihad Towers
Rosewood Abu Dhabi
Shangri-La Qaryat Al Beri
The Ritz Carlton Abu Dhabi Grand Canal
The St. Regis Abu Dhabi
Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi

TIA
So after a few emails to EY and Hala team I finally got an answer:

Please find the hotels below which have the 24 hrs check in/out facility under the Premium Stopover offer for your reference.
  • Anantara Eastern Mangroves Hotel and Spa
  • Jumeirah at Etihad Towers
  • Shangri-La Qaryat Al Beri
  • The Ritz Carlton Abu Dhabi Grand Canal
  • The St. Regis Abu Dhabi
  • Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi
NOT Intercontinental or Rosewood.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.