Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Etihad to offer new customer service channel through WhatsApp

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2018, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EY

https://gulfnews.com/news/uae/transp...sapp-1.2252804

https://www.etihad.com/en/about-us/e...ommunications/

Press Release:

Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has launched a WhatsApp Business solution, allowing guests to communicate instantly with the airline via the popular messaging app.

The new service, which is the latest element of Etihad Airways’ digital strategy, will provide an enhanced offering to premium guests when they are at Abu Dhabi International Airport, allowing them to chat with the airline’s agents about their flights in a fast, personal, and efficient way.

In addition to communicating with customer service agents, the WhatsApp Business solution will be expanded in the future to enable guests to receive important messages like flight reminders by opting into WhatsApp communications on the Etihad Airways booking confirmation page.

Robin Kamark, Etihad Airways Chief Commercial Officer, said: “The new WhatsApp Business solution will provide Etihad Airways’ premium guests with immediate contact with the airline, using the very latest technology.

“Air travellers around the world use WhatsApp in their daily lives and so it is an ideal channel for them to communicate with the airline and receive the latest information about their travel journey.”

Etihad Airways offers several real-time channels for guests to contact the airline, including the @EtihadHelp and @EtihadPremium accounts on Twitter, and the airline’s Facebook page.

During the initial trial phase, the Etihad Airways WhatsApp number will be exhibited in Premium check-in at Abu Dhabi Airport.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 10:14 pm

Programs: EY Plat, Accor Plat
anyone flying out soon can pass on the number?
flightcrew1 likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 10:39 pm

Programs: TK Elite (*G), ITA Executive, WY Silver, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kelix
anyone flying out soon can pass on the number?
was gonna ask the same
flightcrew1 likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 3:59 am

Programs: EY Plat, Accor Plat

Here you go, I guess ill answer my own question

as seen in the F class checkin for AUH-BNE on the 19th.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 4:02 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Once passengers have this number I doubt they will restrict their texts to "only during their time in Abu Dhabi airport" and it will get used for generally complaining
Old Aug 21, 2018, 4:09 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
EY gearing up for for another epic fail
tommy123 likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 5:50 am

Programs: ey gold tg gold accor gold
Originally Posted by NoY
EY gearing up for for another epic fail
Another enhancement ?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:46 am

Hire the interns to run this ? How much worse can it get compared to their other customer service channels
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:11 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by tommy123
Another enhancement ?
EY’s history in delivering any customer-centric technology (think their IT “upgrades “), “Premium” Twitter or even a consistent service from Etihad Help" on these very pages has been....well, pretty crappy to be honest, with ambiguous, and at times downright misleading information sometimes given.

I try hard to avoid EY these days, with just a couple of redemptions & a (I hope) a final paid J ticket (a rare bargain I must say) & then hopefully - finito!
flightcrew1 likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:54 am

Programs: EY, QR Platinum, BA Gold
Originally Posted by NoY
EY’s history in delivering any customer-centric technology (think their IT “upgrades “), “Premium” Twitter or even a consistent service from Etihad Help" on these very pages has been....well, pretty crappy to be honest, with ambiguous, and at times downright misleading information sometimes given.

I try hard to avoid EY these days, with just a couple of redemptions & a (I hope) a final paid J ticket (a rare bargain I must say) & then hopefully - finito!
I'm with you there Noy, and after 10 years of flying Etihad almost exclusively to LHR and DUB I've been now getting rid of my miles and am less concerned with maintaining my Platinum status. I've gotten a match on Emirates, though only Gold and in the new year will start using them almost exclusively.
NoY and tommy123 like this.

Last edited by flightcrew1; Aug 22, 2018 at 1:56 am Reason: spelling
Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:49 am
NoY

Originally Posted by flightcrew1
I'm with you there Noy, and after 10 years of flying Etihad almost exclusively to LHR and DUB I've been now getting rid of my miles and am less concerned with maintaining my Platinum status. I've gotten a match on Emirates, though only Gold and in the new year will start using them almost exclusively.
Indeed. I have got a bunch of F (& some J) booked with (gulp) Emirates in November/December/January & am keen to “test” them after a few years break. Fortunately I have limited my J sectors onto A380, so no dumb 2-3-2 seats in J

Will also try a status “match” with EK but am unsure they will grant it because I got one a few years ago with them & then didn’t fly EK after all. We’ll see.
flightcrew1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.