Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

How strict with new baggage allowance weight at KWI flying in J?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2018, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-PM, TK-Elite, AA-lifetime gold, SPG-Plat

Flying soon in J KWI-AUH-NRT. How strict are they usually with regards to the new 40kg allowance during checkin at Kuwait? Flying this route previously I was always allowed 2 x 32kg bags when flying in J and I did not realize they had reduced the baggage allowances when I booked this ticket.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 7:23 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I don’t know about KWI, but I think they’re pretty strict across the board now with stupid carry on luggage because of the cost cutting measures even if you’re in J or F. I was flying CMB-AUH-JFK in J and F. The first segment had 4/16 and the second segment to JFK we were the only ones in F on a 777. So obviously there was no need to check anything. They made me check my rollerboard bag because it was slightly out of their dimension rules. I could of course carry it on board if I wanted to pay, which for flying F is ridiculous. However, if it had a computer in it, then it was considered a computer bag and the dimensions on it could be larger for some odd reason.

Whatever the case is, they are extremely strict with carry on bags now, no matter what your class of service is. So be warned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.