Wiki Posts
Search

All Day Dining Menu gone on BKK flights

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2018, 11:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EY, QR Platinum, BA Gold
All Day Dining Menu gone on BKK flights

Just finished a BKK - AUH - LHR / DUB - AUH - BKK flights and have now noticed the All Day Dining Menu on the BKK - AUH - BKK sectors is gone. While the service was great on all sectors I was surprised to see this now gone from the menu and when I asked I was told "due to passengers not availing of it on these sectors" . I suppose just another cut back.

That said the crew were great and the a la carte menu was fine, though I usually have the sandwich from the all day dining menu. On all sectors all food choices were available though I did notice on all flights in J were about half full.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 11:41 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by flightcrew1
Just finished a BKK - AUH - LHR / DUB - AUH - BKK flights and have now noticed the All Day Dining Menu on the BKK - AUH - BKK sectors is gone. While the service was great on all sectors I was surprised to see this now gone from the menu and when I asked I was told "due to passengers not availing of it on these sectors" . I suppose just another cut back.

That said the crew were great and the a la carte menu was fine, though I usually have the sandwich from the all day dining menu. On all sectors all food choices were available though I did notice on all flights in J were about half full.
Not surprised. Breakfast completely disappeared on the overnight flights too. The slide downwards continues.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 3:58 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum
That's a downer, I'm flying AUH-BKK-AUH in August (EY404 and EY405). What meal options are there if no All Day Dining? Anyone got a current J menu?

How can they not offer an advertised service on just these sectors? Any other flights that have this anomaly? My last MAN-AUH flight earlier this month had All Day Dining as well as A'La Carte...

Old Apr 20, 2018, 5:28 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum
Having checked the EY website there are 3 Business Class sample menus - depends on flight duration ULH/LH/SH with the usual GCC exception!

The SH (under 6 hours) has no All Day Dining options, LH & ULH do. So does that mean BKK is classed as short haul?? #confused . EY flight times are AUH-BKK approx 6:40 and BKK-AUH approx 6:30 so should be LH and therefore All Day Dining an option...

-----
Similarly there are breakfast menus for SH and LH so strange Mrs NoY didn't get that option.

Originally Posted by NoY
Not surprised. Breakfast completely disappeared on the overnight flights too. The slide downwards continues.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 7:40 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by JayCee1966
Having checked the EY website there are 3 Business Class sample menus - depends on flight duration ULH/LH/SH with the usual GCC exception!

The SH (under 6 hours) has no All Day Dining options, LH & ULH do. So does that mean BKK is classed as short haul?? #confused . EY flight times are AUH-BKK approx 6:40 and BKK-AUH approx 6:30 so should be LH and therefore All Day Dining an option...

-----
Similarly there are breakfast menus for SH and LH so strange Mrs NoY didn't get that option.
"Etihad Help” has confirmed (via a tortuous reply steeped in marketing-inspired BS) that indeed Breakfast is NOT offered on overnight AUH-BKK-AUH flights because a dinner IS offered - yeah because we all want dinner at 11.30 pm or later That’s EY these days - an airline that has lost its way
Old Apr 22, 2018, 8:17 pm

Programs: ey gold tg gold accor gold
Cost cutting continues . What I can't seem to grasp is how much can it possibly cost to load a few steaks , packets of cheese , and all the other items offered for all day ( or night ) anytime dining ...surely if nobody requires anything , there already on board for the next flight ( i cant imagine hygienes a problem )...Next will be the in-flight entertainment , coin operated ....
Old Apr 22, 2018, 8:32 pm

Another cut

Dear Etihad guest , I'm now believe you've cut the all day dining from the AUH-BKK route in J ( due to further cost cutting ). How much extra does it cost to pack a few steaks , cheese , crisps , peanuts, soup, bread ...surely if nobody requires anything there already on board for the next flight ( wherever the aircraft is going ) .....What Next ....COIN OPERATED in flight entrainment ....probably .....
Old Apr 22, 2018, 8:39 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by tommy123
Dear Etihad guest , I'm now believe you've cut the all day dining from the AUH-BKK route in J ( due to further cost cutting ). How much extra does it cost to pack a few steaks , cheese , crisps , peanuts, soup, bread ...surely if nobody requires anything there already on board for the next flight ( wherever the aircraft is going ) .....What Next ....COIN OPERATED in flight entrainment ....probably .....
So what do they serve ?
Old Apr 22, 2018, 8:49 pm

Just the standard J menu ....choice of meat , fish or pasta same as Y (this post was directed to the Etihad lucker ,to comment , but must have been rejected and got posted into a new thread ......One serving just after take off , then a quick snack before landing ....maybe with some roasted nuts , if your lucky
Old Apr 22, 2018, 9:47 pm

Programs: Virgin Velocity
Hrmmm... What was the world like before All Day Dining onboard airlines?!

Yes I understand it sucks to not have this option, yet I see no decrease in price of airfare which would be more bothersome no?

I'm jumping from my Virgin Australia/EY alliance to QR/CX.

Real shame EY, you've been great in both J and Y and sad to leave. Disappointed really.
NoY likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 2:11 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Originally Posted by MattJ
Hrmmm... What was the world like before All Day Dining onboard airlines?!

Yes I understand it sucks to not have this option, yet I see no decrease in price of airfare which would be more bothersome no?

I'm jumping from my Virgin Australia/EY alliance to QR/CX.

Real shame EY, you've been great in both J and Y and sad to leave. Disappointed really.

Yep. its a real shame. I have two flights booked AUH-BKK morning flights booked. I have been flying this route for 10 years on EY and always have a good breakfast in the lounge, then a few snacks and a bit of a sleep on the plane. The all day menu worked perfect for me, as I like to eat when I get to Bangkok and don't want to over indulge on the plane.

Oh well, just another service cut. I am sure they will roll-out this enhancement on all routes if it's successful on AUH-BKK-AUH
Old Apr 23, 2018, 4:28 am
Suspended

Programs: Etihad Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by eddibabyyeah
if it's successful on AUH-BKK-AUH
It will be 'successful'

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.