Wiki Posts
Search

Etihad Sucks

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2017, 7:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by davistev
Pretty harsh. I would say "unlucky" as a 6 hour delay is not the norm and is normally enough time to do connections.
The OP did not have a connection.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 4:47 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Why not to ask AA to be moved to a LGA flight and take a cab from LGA to JFK? Bags would not make it - but if you tell them you want to be voluntary separated (from your bag), they would rebook you. For now there is (still) no positive bag match on US domestic flights. Not ideal, but you would make the flight and deal with bags later.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 5:32 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by keitherson
Did you guys not read the second half of the post, which WAS EY's fault? Jesus.

I did not. The original post was written in such a poor manner I dozed off while reading it.
Old May 1, 2017, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by WorldLux
2 separate tickets: Tough luck!

This is a classic case of "Being cheap and trying to save a couple bucks and ending up having to pay a lot more".
not always the case. My home airport is tampa and i fly to the middle east regularly, usually with etihad. Tampa doesnt have any direct flights to NYC on AA so i usually end up booking a delta or jetblue flight to JFK to connect. So i actually spend more buying two separate tickets but it minimizes my travel time. and lets not get started about AA saaver ticket availability (economy or first)

but yes, when i book two separate tickets i make sure to leave plenty of connection time and realize that if sh*t hits the fan i'm on my own
Old May 1, 2017, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by omaralt
not always the case. My home airport is tampa and i fly to the middle east regularly, usually with etihad. Tampa doesnt have any direct flights to NYC on AA so i usually end up booking a delta or jetblue flight to JFK to connect. So i actually spend more buying two separate tickets but it minimizes my travel time. and lets not get started about AA saaver ticket availability (economy or first)

but yes, when i book two separate tickets i make sure to leave plenty of connection time and realize that if sh*t hits the fan i'm on my own
Eh.. you know you can book a through ticket Tampa to AUH with Etihad? It's the jet blue to JFK. I do similar quite often from AUH to West Palm Beach.
Old May 1, 2017, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by Dubh
Eh.. you know you can book a through ticket Tampa to AUH with Etihad? It's the jet blue to JFK. I do similar quite often from AUH to West Palm Beach.
not using AA mileage
Old May 8, 2017, 11:09 am

I'd be pretty pissed with AA if they nickled and dimed me on delays. Like 30 min, then 30 min, all the way to 6 hours. Easily could have grabbed one of the 50 flights out of LAX to NYC if you had time.

Fair warning for everyone on every flight, you book separately and miss your connection, its your problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.