Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

ETIHAD guest miles never gets credit - need to do retroclaim after each trip !!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ETIHAD guest miles never gets credit - need to do retroclaim after each trip !!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2017, 11:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad Guest Gold
Angry ETIHAD guest miles never gets credit - need to do retroclaim after each trip !!

Why has etihad guest stopped crediting miles for the flights flown by myself or my family (to my account as head of family)?

Yet again I've flown with Etihad AUH to MNL. No mention of miles credited to my account for the flight I did on the 19th of March. And for MNL to AUH on the 22nd of March the statement says "0 Miles" credited to my account. Thank you!

First leg was on a flex ticket and second leg was on a saver. I am Etihad guest Gold so I am even supposed to get an extra 50%. But I guess 50% of 0 miles is not much...

And of course the missing miles claim form on their website never works. Every time I fill it in, I get an error and I am asked to send an email instead to [email protected]

I've sent so many emails for retroclaims and they never seen to reply.

Why doesn't the system work? Am I the only one who never gets miles credited after flying?
I'm too busy to chase up but I still don't know if they credited the miles for the my wife's flights from last summer.

Not happy..
Old Mar 23, 2017, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is the name on the tickets exactly the same as the frequent flyer account?
Same spelling, same letters, same spaces, same order, same second name/no second name: exactly
Old Mar 24, 2017, 12:02 am
Suspended

Programs: Etihad Gold, Emirates Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by fsharp
Why has etihad guest stopped crediting miles for the flights flown by myself or my family (to my account as head of family)?

Yet again I've flown with Etihad AUH to MNL. No mention of miles credited to my account for the flight I did on the 19th of March. And for MNL to AUH on the 22nd of March the statement says "0 Miles" credited to my account. Thank you!

First leg was on a flex ticket and second leg was on a saver. I am Etihad guest Gold so I am even supposed to get an extra 50%. But I guess 50% of 0 miles is not much...

And of course the missing miles claim form on their website never works. Every time I fill it in, I get an error and I am asked to send an email instead to [email protected]

I've sent so many emails for retroclaims and they never seen to reply.

Why doesn't the system work? Am I the only one who never gets miles credited after flying?
I'm too busy to chase up but I still don't know if they credited the miles for the my wife's flights from last summer.

Not happy..
I also have to email them two times out of ten. Also, they say they have credited the miles and they haven't, usually they do so after the second reminder.
I find it pretty dishonest and they should either fix it or compensate you when you have to chase them (which they refuse), I really shouldn't have to check every time, they are wasting my time and should own up and do something to make good
Old Mar 24, 2017, 12:54 am

Programs: United 1K, American EP, Etihad Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
I find this pretty normal. Especially if you upgrade a flight with miles - GOOD LUCK getting those credited without about 5 emails. Same with 9W codeshares. Overall, not a very impressive mileage crediting system on the EY side.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 1:28 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Yes, this sort of thing has been a problem from the very beginning of EY. But, I think in the last couple of years they are better at resolving the issues, or maybe I have learned what i need to do.

I simply send a email to the EYGOLD with all of the details.
PNR
NAME
FLIGHT NUMBER
EY NUMBER
NUMBER OF TIER MILES MISSING
NUMBER OF GUEST MILES MISSING
NUMBER OF BONUS MILES MISSING
DATE OF FLIGHT

And the miles get credited in a couple of days. If multiple flights are missing then I send multiple paragraphs. This method hasn't failed me in the last two or three years.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice. I need to try this cause I still don't have the miles showing on my account. What is the email address of EYGOLD please?

Many thanks
Old Apr 5, 2017, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by eddibabyyeah
Yes, this sort of thing has been a problem from the very beginning of EY. But, I think in the last couple of years they are better at resolving the issues, or maybe I have learned what i need to do.

I simply send a email to the EYGOLD with all of the details.
PNR
NAME
FLIGHT NUMBER
EY NUMBER
NUMBER OF TIER MILES MISSING
NUMBER OF GUEST MILES MISSING
NUMBER OF BONUS MILES MISSING
DATE OF FLIGHT

And the miles get credited in a couple of days. If multiple flights are missing then I send multiple paragraphs. This method hasn't failed me in the last two or three years.
I totally sympathise with OP. I get all my miles credited. Eventually. It is this "concept of eventually" that makes it an utter nuisance though. Its the norm rather than the exception that miles don't credit, in particular with airline partners. Chasing an airline for this just doesnt feel right. And having an online form for months now, that doesnt work is icing on that cake. If it doesnt work, fix it. If you don't intend to or simply can't fix it, pull it. But leaving it online in its inoperable state just makes you think they don't care. Or how about fixing the hit&miss miles crediting in the first place.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 10:17 pm

Programs: Etihad Platinum. Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Strangely, whenever I buy a J ticket and upgrade to F with miles, the mileage for J automatically gets posted. This is in stark contrast to whenever I buy a ticket in Y and upgrade to J. These miles never automatically get posted, but do within a week or so after an email.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Does anyone have the email address of EYGOLD so I can send a request to credit miles?
Old Apr 16, 2017, 11:35 am

Does anyone have the email address of EYGOLD so I can send a request to credit miles?
[email protected]
Old Sep 23, 2017, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

I have some old retro claims from October 2016 for which I never got any reply, so now past the 6 months deadline. I doubt I will ever get those miles...
Same thing happened again this month, just flew with a partner airline in Business Class. No miles credited for myself and I didn't get my wife's miles either as head of family. Our etihad guest account numbers were showing clearly on our boarding passes. Sent emails to retroclaims and guest gold. Let's hope I get the miles this time!

Last edited by fsharp; Sep 23, 2017 at 11:03 pm
Old Sep 24, 2017, 3:22 am

Am I the only one who never gets miles credited after flying?
No. I had a year with about 60 legs on EY metal and exactly ZERO were credited correctly. That year I was Platinum already and being Platinum meant support at that time (not really anymore). And the year after that I've got ALL my flights credited right.

But: At EY I have also got miles credited for award flights. And I've got triple miles credited, even the flight was not eligible for that.

EY just doesn't believe in rules. Everything and nothing is possible. Don't take it personal. It's not because of you, it's because of them.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:23 am

Last Thursday, I flew the final sector of a J class ticket back to KTM. Zero miles credited. I returned to AUH on a Y ticket and had upgraded with miles. Once again, it shows it as an I class booking, so 0 miles show next to the KTM AUH flight. Two trips, zero miles! And this was after they had upgraded their Etihad Guest programme. It's appalling quite honestly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.