Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Seats on 789 (Business) for Family?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2017, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Best Seats on 789 (Business) for Family?

Hi All,
I'll be flying EY for the firs time on the AUH-IAD route with my family later this year, and am wondering which seats are likely to work best. The kids like window seats more than they like to sit together, so I had been guessing that maybe 7A, 8C, 9A, and 10C might work, with the kids in the windows and the adults in the seats sort of next to them. I assume that if I'm in one of the "aisle" seats and stand up, I'd be able to see the child in the window next to me? (they're old enough that they don't need assistance, and are quite experienced travelers, but I like to look in on them from time to time). Expertflyer is showing 10C as blocked (I assume for bassinet?) -- is that something that EY would let me book ahead of time, or does it only get opened close in to the flight date? I'd appreciate your advice and opinions!
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:46 am

6A / E / F / K. Ignore the warning about close proximity to the lavatory, I've never been disturbed or had an issue.
Cellisvae likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

thanks! I read somewhere that the seats in row 6 extend into shorter beds than the seats further back. I'm reasonably tall-- did you find that to be an issue?
Old Jan 25, 2017, 3:56 am

I've never heard of that. I wouldn't be able to compare. I've only ever sat in row 6 on all my flights so have no other points of comparison. How tall are you?
Old Jan 26, 2017, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

I'm 6'2" - not super-tall, but enough that I have had seats too small for me in the past. I got that info regarding the bed length from this thread, by the way:

Seat 7A - 787-9 IAD TO AUH
Old Jan 21, 2022, 3:11 pm
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by whimsey21
I'm 6'2" - not super-tall, but enough that I have had seats too small for me in the past. I got that info regarding the bed length from this thread, by the way:

Seat 7A - 787-9 IAD TO AUH
What did you end up discovering? Are the seats different?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.