Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Abu Dhabi zoo - no priority lane usage for Platinums?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Abu Dhabi zoo - no priority lane usage for Platinums?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2016, 12:07 pm

We fly in to AUH on boxing day every year (26/12) and every year the queues are terrible for all classes.

This year I'm flying KLM so it'll be a different terminal (I think.) No doubt the queues will be just as bad.

Do these pearlassist type services other any benefit?

I remember a celebrity having to queue with the rest of us last year, despite appearing to have some sort of assistance, so I guess not... But I thought I'd ask anyway.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Who was the celebrity?
Old Nov 30, 2016, 3:41 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Originally Posted by irishguy28
I don't think many CEOs would agree with you. Otherwise, we would probably see *JH answering some questions in the feedback thread here

There are probably not many CEOs who read "their" mail, anyway. They are too busy operating several layers of hierarchy above the level of customer satisfaction of the experience of inter-terminal transit.
A sad reflection on them - Any CEO who has customer service at the core of his/her belief will be looking at all feedback - not necessarily replying directly although I used to work with one MD of a large company who would take calls from customers complaining if he was in.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
In an ideal world, this would be the CEO's greatest worry.

But with battles to be fought in the US - which are likely to only get harder with the change of administration there - as well as in the EU - which similarly will also only get harder with the departure of perhaps the EU's greatest champion of non-protectionist policies [though that may very well be changing as the UK turns inwards on itself!] - together with two failing airlines in Europe that still haven't been turned around, together with the fact that, like all the other superconnector airlines, Etihad may find itself in the red this year - Mr. Hogan's attention is probably better focused elsewhere than worrying about Platinum security lines.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 8:52 am

Programs: EK Blue, EY Guest, AA, QR
Originally Posted by amnicoll
and this is down to the airport/government and not Etihad. Unfortunately I do not think Etihad as the airports biggest customers wants to rattle the cage and demand that they match the screening to passenger volume.
You really think there is any practical difference between the 3 entities?
Old Nov 30, 2016, 12:55 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
the staff are told to segregate, the staff are of the same background as the people they are told to cattle off. they don't want to upset aunty and uncle and I don't blame them.

Best way through is, if on the bus take the lift up as it is much quicker and less people, then scout the lines and look to the end as to which one opens out to the most scanners. Almost guaranteed to be an economy line as both the premium lines go to a single scanner and take forever.

Then when at the end of the queue gauge the technological capability of the people ahead of you and then pick a line.

Sorry if the above grates anyone's sensibilities but I'm stating a tactic to get through quickly and not trying to offend anyone.

Oh and almost forgot, if youre dropped off at terminal one (the round building) either by bus or jetway, if you've walked up to the flat level look around for a golf cart - most often they are behind you ! They will scoot anyone to the other end to get through the those scanners or out to passport control - usually past the guy that pushed you out of the way to get ahead
Old Dec 4, 2016, 4:09 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
A question regarding priority boarding. As EY Gold, can I queue at the F/J lane or is there priority for the Y line?
Old Dec 4, 2016, 4:43 am

Might depend on which terminal you are using - in T1 there were not priority lines because of the design and space available when I last used it
Old Dec 4, 2016, 10:28 am

I've recently arrived into AUH the premium passport line was clearly longer than any other yet people kept joining it. We had meet and assist so our rep took us straight to the front.

There are 4 booths for officials to work in, 2 were empty, 1 had a lady in it doing absolutely nothing and the only person actually doing any work had a college chatting with him the whole time so took ages.

I don't know why nobody uses the meet and assist, its a great service they cut all the lines, the porter fetches your bags, you are shown directly to the lounge. It really adds to the VIP experience. I believe they offer a transfer assist service as well.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by chriswortley5
I've recently arrived into AUH the premium passport line was clearly longer than any other yet people kept joining it. We had meet and assist so our rep took us straight to the front.

There are 4 booths for officials to work in, 2 were empty, 1 had a lady in it doing absolutely nothing and the only person actually doing any work had a college chatting with him the whole time so took ages.

I don't know why nobody uses the meet and assist, its a great service they cut all the lines, the porter fetches your bags, you are shown directly to the lounge. It really adds to the VIP experience. I believe they offer a transfer assist service as well.
The fact that there is a need for this service is a sad indictment on the airport and it's biggest customer

Mind you Machester has a brilliant system, they have two premium queues one for business class and a second one for a fee for economy passengers wanting speed -great idea until you get to the end and the security check where everyone queues in the same queue for the check (this has been the case on my last 3 departures)
Old Dec 5, 2016, 4:04 pm

Fast track security check is not a Platinum benefit.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by thbe
Fast track security check is not a Platinum benefit.
Not reached the giddy heights of Platinum myself but a surprising omission if true as one would have thought that this would be a cheap and obvious benefit to their best customers who may be traveling economy - mind you it could just be a way of ensuring they have less time to enjoy the new First class lounge
Old Dec 6, 2016, 3:03 pm

Programs: TG, SQ. Amex
Originally Posted by chriswortley5

So, is the meet and assist service part of the first class benefit? We are transiting AUH, in and out in F, do we get this?
Old Dec 6, 2016, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by Flyingbiker
So, is the meet and assist service part of the first class benefit? We are transiting AUH, in and out in F, do we get this?
No Etihad's meet and assist is available to any class for a fee (pearl assist also offer a service in AUH). In my opinion well worth it if you have checked bags or for first timers (I would do it again anyway). I have to admit I was sceptical if it would be worth it but I was really impressed, it just extends the first class service right to the car. Find more detail and the different products on their site.

I would say I doubt the departing service is worth paying for based on the information available.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by amnicoll
The fact that there is a need for this service is a sad indictment on the airport and it's biggest customer
I am sure the airport experience will improve massively when the new terminal opens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.