Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Etihad @ Milan Malpensa - Check In When on AZ Codeshare

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2016, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH Senator, CX Diamond, UA Prem Plat, Fans of MO Elite

In a few weeks I'll be flying Etihad from MXP to AUH continuing onto MNL. Departing MXP, I'm on EY2871 which is a codeshare operated by AZ.

Can I check in at the Etihad counter or must I check in at the Alitalia counter at Malpensa? I didn't see any info on the EY website.

I know that for EK, Emirates says that for codeshare flights, pax check in with airline operating the code share flight. I'm not sure if the same holds true for Etihad.

Old Jan 24, 2016, 1:57 pm

Check in with the operating carrier always.

And I doubt there will be EY desks open to begin with as the EY metal flight operates at 1pm.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 9:20 am

Same here, EY on AZ 2871.
Flying in Biz, which of the SEA Lounges are recommended?
Old Aug 8, 2016, 10:44 am

Programs: TK*G, FBG
The Casa Alitalia lounge in the non-schengen zone is pretty amazing. Great staff, great design, delicious F&B- you can even order pizza. Highly recommended.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 12:46 am

Casa Alitalia at MXP looks indeed very appealing. EY J ticket but no mentionable status with etihad guest is sufficient to enter? I ask because the etihad page lists only the SEA clubs.

Do they still allow boarding through the lounge as written in some reviews?
Old Aug 9, 2016, 2:45 am

Programs: MP-AM, Etihad Guest Platinum
Similar question but with Aer Lingus in DUB.
Im booked DUB-LHR-AUH on F but DUB-LHR segment is operated by Aer Lingus on an all Y plane. Can I check in at the EI J counter in DUB or do I have to line up in Y? And which lounge can I use?
Old Aug 9, 2016, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by TrickMcDave
Casa Alitalia at MXP looks indeed very appealing. EY J ticket but no mentionable status with etihad guest is sufficient to enter? I ask because the etihad page lists only the SEA clubs.

Do they still allow boarding through the lounge as written in some reviews?
Yes, the lounge is very, very good. In fact it's even better than the EK lounge next door. Absolutely worth to spend some extra time! And the quite long trek through the airport will make you hungry

Just as with the EK lounge, boarding is done directly from the lounge. You'll ride down an elevator and then join the Non-Status/Y crowd in the airbridge.

Yes, EJ J is enough to use it.

Flying EX-MXP on longhaul with both AZ&EY has become a real pleasure since they upgraded their game
Old Aug 9, 2016, 3:14 am

Great news, thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.