Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

AUH EY Premium Lounge: Outside food allowed?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2015, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)

I was recently flying EY from AUH and was eating at a table near one of the buffet areas.

I've noticed that a fat (presumably American) man sat down at the table next to me to took out a paper bag from Burger King!

He started to eat his burger and fries at the table without any care as to what other people or the lounge staff might think.

Is the food in the EY lounge really that bad? I found the food to be ok.

Does EY have a "no outside food" policy? Thinking back, I could have went to Caviar House and got a takeaway pack with smoked salmon and caviar to eat in the lounge (too bad they don't have one in AUH, while they do in DXB)!
Old Dec 28, 2015, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by daniellam
I was recently flying EY from AUH and was eating at a table near one of the buffet areas.

I've noticed that a fat (presumably American) man sat down at the table next to me to took out a paper bag from Burger King!

He started to eat his burger and fries at the table without any care as to what other people or the lounge staff might think.

Is the food in the EY lounge really that bad? I found the food to be ok.

Does EY have a "no outside food" policy? Thinking back, I could have went to Caviar House and got a takeaway pack with smoked salmon and caviar to eat in the lounge (too bad they don't have one in AUH, while they do in DXB)!
I once saw the same thing in their F lounge, a family with 2 kids brought in this huge BK bag. And it was like 9PM. The whole place smelled like BK.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 3:52 pm

daniellam, are you complaining about someone bringing food into the lounge? Or are you complaining about fat Americans bringing Burger King food into the lounge?

The guy doesn't care what you think and probably doesn't care what the lounge management and employees think either. Maybe he's a frequent Etihad flyer, paid first class at all times, had a craving for BK, and felt like indulging. It's a non-problem, really. If you were offended by the sight or smell you could have simply moved.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 4:04 pm

i was recently flying ey from auh and was eating at a table near one of the buffet areas.

I've noticed that a fat (presumably american) man sat down at the table next to me to took out a paper bag from burger king!
omg! omg! omg! Someone, call Al Jazeera!
Old Dec 28, 2015, 4:17 pm

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
Is it really necessary to make such presumptive and rude comments? If you can't say something nice about someone don't say anything at all
Old Dec 28, 2015, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Some lounges of other carriers have a sign that say "No Outside Food".

I am just surprised that EY lounges don't have such policy.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 5:39 pm

Some lounges of other carriers have a sign that say "No Outside Food".

I am just surprised that EY lounges don't have such policy.
Which other lounges have this policy? It must be pretty hard to police. I can see the point of not taking food from the lounge. Other way round, who cares? Unless it is something really nasty that stinks the place up.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 5:43 pm

I missed the certain body weight/national bit from the OP's post.

I think it's more of a bad taste to bring in foot from the outside. Of course if one has kids who have cravings then little can be said about that. But still, the fast food smell takes away from the F/J experience.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by Lan44
Which other lounges have this policy? It must be pretty hard to police. I can see the point of not taking food from the lounge. Other way round, who cares? Unless it is something really nasty that stinks the place up.
My thoughts exactly. It wouldn't even cross my mind that I couldn't take food into a lounge, but I would certainly use common courtesy and not take something in that stinks.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by UrbanDweller
daniellam, are you complaining about someone bringing food into the lounge? Or are you complaining about fat Americans bringing Burger King food into the lounge?

The guy doesn't care what you think and probably doesn't care what the lounge management and employees think either. Maybe he's a frequent Etihad flyer, paid first class at all times, had a craving for BK, and felt like indulging. It's a non-problem, really. If you were offended by the sight or smell you could have simply moved.
+1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.